OT: Help me decide what to cook for breakfast :)

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
I have my heart set on a western omelet... hmmm.... diced ham, grilled onions and green peppers with melted chedar cheese. And a salad to go with it. :)
But damn if cooking an omelet is teh suk :(... well I suppose it is much easier than manicotti :p

Any other suggestions, perhaps you all can change my mind in next 20 minutes before I go through all that trouble :).

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I had a sausage and cheese omelet this morning. The bad thing is I went out fishing right after...and the water was pretty rough. Needless to say I "fed the fish."

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Good thing I don't get air/sea sick :). In either case I won't be doing either one of the two today.

An omelet it was. :)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Go for the Western omelete. Couple of minutes to chop up the stuff, couple of minutes to cook the omelete.

or you could just make scrambled eggs and throw the stuff in. I sometimes dice up some ham, peppers, etc.. start cooking that, then throw in and scramble some eggs, top off with some cheese. That way I get the flavors/ingredients of an omelet without having to do an omelet. :)

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
If you practice, omletes are very easy. But I was a cook for a number of years so I had lot's of practice! My favorite breakfast is linguica and eggs. YUM!!!! Cook the linguica and then take out of the pan an set on paper towels to "soak" up some grease, then cook 2 egg's over easy in the linguica grease. OH YEAH!!!! Top off with some toast and strawberry quick and BOOYAH!!!!

However lately I have been using turkey linguica and no toast. Sucks trying to get healthy. If I didn't have kids I would say F-it and go for it daily!

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Breakfast for me is a diet code red... and if I'm feeling crazy I'll eat a hotpocket!

Intelligence3

Feb 26, 2003
I thought about stopping for a bagel the whole way in this morning, then I forgot about it just before I passed the bagel shop exit on the freeway, so I had stale doritos and a vanilla coke I had left over in my cube.