OT: email received from my folks

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
This is copied, verbatim, into this post, just because I felt like I had to share. :) This is great...

It's a hot humid day, woman and 3 kids drive to town, run errands and come home. Mom tells the kids to get the stuff out of the suburban and take it in while she goes and checks on the rabbits water right quick. Well, mom is checking rabbits and hears 7 year old son yelling for her, well she ignores him as he always yells for her and never really needs her or laughs when she comes running (um, can you tell by now he might need her this time?).

Well here comes daughter from behind the barn wanting mom to come look at something, so mom goes with daughter. Still hears 7 year old yelling at her, which he always does. Well by the time mom rounds the barn and comes out front, she sees the 13 year old getting feed out of the back of suburban and then he crawls inside to the 7 year old who still is not out.

Mom yells, to them to hurry up and get out as it is to hot to be in the vehicle, it could kill you. Well, in unison she hears "I'm/He's stuck." Mom "what do you mean he's stuck? What's stuck?". kids "He's stuck in the seat belt!"

Mom not understanding HOW this child of hers could be STUCK in the seat belt goes to the vehicle. 7 year old is still in the booster seat and the seat belt is around his waist. Picture it looped around said childs waist and twisted tightly. Oh, of course it's locked in position too!
Well, mom and 13 year old attempt to loosen seat belt. Not happening. The only way they see to get him out is to physically flip him upside down and around to undo the loop in the seat belt - which by now is so tight it's cutting into 7year olds waist and informs every one that "it hurts!".

Well by now, dear old mom, has to start the vehicle and turn on the air conditioning as it's bloody hot out there with no breeze either.
Dad is of course, in the house - the air conditioned house at that- tending to the baby and just biting at the bit to get back outside and do something. So Dad yells out the front door "what is taking so long, hurry up!".

So mom, tells 10 year old daughter to go watch baby and tell dad what's happening and come help her as she can't physically turn the 7yr old upside down and around by herself while 13 year old is holding seat belt in place so it doesn't get any tighter.

Yep, invision, dear old dad coming out to vehicle shaking his head asking what is the matter. By now mom has laughed til she cried and really doesn't want to cut the seat belt as it's one that is built into the seat and the whole seat would have to be replaced.

Well, dad gets a gander at what is going on and wants to know how that happened and how did that boy get in that position.

Needless to say, dad got in back and mom was in front. Took both of them to flip this boy. Oh wait never mind there's not enough seat belt to flip the kid. hmmm, so now they lift him up enough and fanagle the booster seat out from under him without breaking it at that. Well still not enough belt to flip the boy over who by now isn't sure whether he should be scared or keep laughing.

So mom and dad snug him up as close to the seat as possible and start working the belt down his waist, of course the boys pants have to go as there is just no going over the top of them. Well guess what the kid freaks out and you are NOT taking his pants, he doesn't care if he is stuck. Moms' yelling, dad's yelling, (they are holding the kid in mid air too) kids' yelling not to take his pants and trying to fight them while being strangled by the seat belt around his waist. Mom's crying it's so funny, but not, but it is. Oh jeez, now they have to take his shoes off to get his pants off, the shoes are wet on the inside and muddy, stinky nasty things-now the whole vehicle smells. BUT they finally get the belt off that kid, who is grabbing for his pants and laughing by now.

So all ended well for the little boy who always yells for mom and this time she didn't come running and actually should have.

Oh, that 7year old boy was my son, Shane Matthew!! Why, why, why? How do my kids end up in situations like this?????

http://www.serbinziegen.com