OT: DvD Player ?

ChinaCat

Jul 14, 2002
Hi Guys - I apologize if this post isn't appropriate for this forum, but I highly respect the wisdom in this room and hope some of you can help me.

I have ordered the Sony 60' Wega Rear Projection LCD Screen and am looking for a DVD Player. I understand Component connection is the way to go, but there are also a few players with DVI outputs that may be better.

Just want to know what DVD Player you guys would suggest at around the $500 + or - price mark.

Also, for you audiophiles. I have a Theta Digital Processor that is about 9 years old. At the time it blew away any self contained audio unit money could buy. I'm wondering if that is still true. In other words, I wonder if I picked up a DVD/CD player with great DACs like Burr Browns or something, if bypassing the Processor would actually make sense at this point.

Thanks guys...

China

Dug

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2000
Right now you will have a problem with the dvi dvd players becuase of the sony's resolution.
Recommend waiting for the next generation of dvi players to come out.

In the meantime get yourself a Denon 1600, Panasonic RP82 or XP30 as they are the best.
You will probably have to go to ebay to get one, but its worth it.

Dug

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2000
Just go here:

avs forum

This isn't really the place to discuss dvd players.

And you really need to do some reading.
More money does not equate to a better dvd player.