OT: anyone awake? Need some help with something

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Someone sat down and actually showed me how the damn program works. Programming in paint isn't my thing as I've always hard coded everything. But anyway, he showed me, and I finally understand how to get started. And this is my first program that I created. The previous version is via MS InfoPath, and I actually will use this program for personal use.

Anyway, two people that I have sent the program two said that it failed to initialize, but it has worked on two computers here at work. Can someone download the program, run it (no installing required), and let me know if it works. If you do download it, let me know:
a) if it works
b) what OS you have
c) do you have .NET installed

Thanks guys. Oh yea, here is the program -- cello_calc.exe

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Is this some sort of limoncello screen saver? I want no part of this.

edit: Aha, it is, sort of. What great instincts I have. :p

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
a) Works fine!
b) WinXP Pro SP2 + all current hotfixes
c) .Net 1.1 & 2.0

:beer:

Works fine for me too, same specs as BlackMountainCow. :D

:beer::thumbsup:

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
a) Works fine!
b) WinXP Pro SP2 + all current hotfixes
c) .Net 1.1 & 2.0

:beer:

Nearly the same specs here too, although I've not updated my IE to v7, still at 6.0.2900.2180. Ran it both directly from the link and also as a downloaded file. The program handled expected numbers, very BIG numbers, and FWIW it handled negative numbers and zeros too. :p

However, your program doesn't restrict input to just numbers - it also lets the user type in letters, which generates a Form1 pop-up box, reading An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Cast from string "two" to type 'Double' is not valid. There's also a details button on there to give a wealth of additional info.

I know, I know, letters shouldn't be getting put in, but you did ask for a test and since I haven't had my coffee yet, I figured dumb-user input was understandable. ;)

QuietDad

Dec 18, 2005
Works here, WIN XP2. What version of Visual Basic are you using? Visual Basic programs require the apprpriate runtime libraries installed on the comps the programs run on. Most gamers have em.