OT: a guy had a red paper clip and swapped it ---

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Very real! Just as bizarre as that teenager in the UK that sold pixels on a web page and is now filthy rich...

Canadian ingenuity! :D

Talcite

Apr 18, 2006
Oh? he got the house? I heard about this awhile ago, but he was still on a car. Of course, I don't think everyone realizes how much he spent on airplane tickets to meet the traders 0.o

I just realized this is in distributed computing forum. What does this have anything to do with that? 0.o

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
... Many of us DC-crunchers like Off-Topic-threads now and then - like once a week or once a month ... for the fun and laugh. It has to be light, no politics, non-offensive - just a lark ...
Why this topic? Well - - - this is about a guy who distributed stuff over the computer and got a house. :D
Quite a few of us prefer to post among our friends here and not in the Off-Topic-forum - as long as it is one OT-thread the admins tolerate it ... barely. ;)

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: petrusbroder
... Many of us DC-crunchers like Off-Topic-threads now and then - like once a week or once a month ... for the fun and laugh. It has to be light, no politics, non-offensive - just a lark ...
Why this topic? Well - - - this is about a guy who distributed stuff over the computer and got a house. :D
Quite a few of us prefer to post among our friends here and not in the Off-Topic-forum - as long as it is one OT-thread the admins tolerate it ... barely. ;)

:thumbsup:
Sounds familiar :laugh:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Hi TAandy - I thought this could be temptation for you ... ;)

Good seeing you around - missing you and your great OT-posts ... :D vodcow :D how is she?

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: petrusbroder
Hi TAandy - I thought this could be temptation for you ... ;)

Good seeing you around - missing you and your great OT-posts ... :D vodcow :D how is she?

Kicked my butt last night, so Ok i guess :)