Origin Summer Sale: Battlefield 3 for $5, and other games up to 70% off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Might as well pay $20 now for Premium, and get all the maps from the get-go.

Agreed, $20 for BF3 Premium is solid. If you're into that type of game it's money well spent. If you're not, then even $5 for BF3 vanilla is probably not worth it.

Spg1

Mar 16, 2011
Huh? BF2 didn't have a good SP, it just had stupid bots you could play against instead of real people. Did you actually like that or are you thinking of BC2?

For single player I would rather have bots and the option to do just about anything I want instead of having to follow a linear path through the game. A linear path does not give itself much replay value because you just go down the same path every time with more or less bad guys.

If I wanted to play against real people there was the multiplayer part of the game, and all the crap that goes along with playing with real people.

BF3 to me is just like all the other games now that have a crappy SP "campaigns" so they could focus on MP which is the "IN" thing now.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
So I bought Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012 version), and honestly, I kind of regret it. It's not a lot like the original 2005 version... rather, it's more like "Burnout Paradise 2".

Which, of course, is a positive in many people's eyes. I didn't like Burnout Paradise though. This feels like more of the same: It's a large, empty, uninteresting city with random events scattered around willy-nilly, and awful licensed music. I'm not a fan of the vehicle physics and handling at all. Crashes are kind of cool, but that's it.

The game's severely lacking in singleplayer content. The multiplayer is supposed to make up for it, but even the multiplayer isn't that fun. To top things off, the game has some bad performance/optimization issues on PC (which I find odd, because Criterion's other PC games run great). Overall it's a bit of a disappointment.

I'm gonna go back to Grid 2, which is a far better racing game.

syd2oo2

Jun 1, 2013
Well I'm still origin-free, so I'll wait for steam sales, or get something from weekly offers on gog or gmg.