Origin Sale

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Personally I hated it, I doubt there are many players at this point
*I only tried the final beta*

Its not a cops & robbers battlefield, it's a reskinned mod for BF3

I would only be getting it for SP campaign, I'm not into multi-player games at all...

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
I tried it. There is some point where you search around for stuff and I lost interest. At $4.99 it might be worth trying.

Feb 4, 2009
OP you should check out this its kind of a shooter, it can be pretty open world and its kind of a builder game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/

It frequently goes on sale, early access but the game is pretty complete and runs decently now provided you're not using Linux or OSX. The second video is pretty accurate but some stuff has changed the game looks a bit prettier and the crafting is more like the second crafting window they show. You can play single player, multiplayer (one machine hosts) this way isn't too stable but it works or dedicated servers.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
OP you should check out this its kind of a shooter, it can be pretty open world and its kind of a builder game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/

It frequently goes on sale, early access but the game is pretty complete and runs decently now provided you're not using Linux or OSX. The second video is pretty accurate but some stuff has changed the game looks a bit prettier and the crafting is more like the second crafting window they show. You can play single player, multiplayer (one machine hosts) this way isn't too stable but it works or dedicated servers.

This is not an Origin game, why is it here?

The graphics are horrible...

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I have no idea but I've bought every Battlefield since 1942 except for Hardline because when I tried the beta, it just didn't do it for me. For that price though I'll most likely jump on it. I just think it funny someone asking advice on a $5 game. That's how much people spend on coffee daily.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I have no idea but I've bought every Battlefield since 1942 except for Hardline because when I tried the beta, it just didn't do it for me. For that price though I'll most likely jump on it. I just think it funny someone asking advice on a $5 game. That's how much people spend on coffee daily.

Hey...if you wanna GIFT me the game, just let me know :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

I think it makes sense, and they're picking what to play as well.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
There's a reason why Hardline constantly constantly constantly goes on sale, nobody buys or plays it, hell EA Access on XB1 (and PS4 store) was offering all the DLC's for free.

For $5 I guess it's worth the 3+ hour campaign, but other than that don't bother.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
There's a reason why Hardline constantly constantly constantly goes on sale, nobody buys or plays it, hell EA Access on XB1 (and PS4 store) was offering all the DLC's for free.

For $5 I guess it's worth the 3+ hour campaign, but other than that don't bother.

Thanks, I will put it toward another game - do you recommend any from ORIGIN?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
The sale isn't very compelling.

Especially while unbundled DLC is still full price for years-old games. I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
The sale isn't very compelling.

Especially while unbundled DLC is still full price for years-old games. I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Yeah, these are the same prices as all the other "sales".
Even Steam sales are usually crap these days compared to the past, when Amazon was having killer sales.
Now, they are basically meh.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I enjoyed the story in BF Hardline. It took me about 7 hours to finish, IIRC. Worth the $5.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Yeah, these are the same prices as all the other "sales".
Even Steam sales are usually crap these days compared to the past, when Amazon was having killer sales.
Now, they are basically meh.

Hate to say it but FD is a relatively minor holiday when it comes to sales. The 4th is coming up, then Labor Day ... And then eventually BF and Christmas. The sales will come. My guess is that 75% of sales happen during the holidays. We will see ...

Last edited: