Organized Labor is good for everyone

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Bill Wiltrack, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Nemesis 1

Nemesis 1 Lifer

I invite you down to Hormel P-9 proud union . You explain to them why in 1970 they took home $500 a week based on 36 hour work week . Today they make the same , You go ahead and tell us all about . Dems are all for labor until it raises Food pricies than their true colors come out . and they destroy unions with national guard. Mafia moved into legit business . Its called federal gooberment and state gooberment. Union bosses are gangsters

2. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

I watched a union strike for 9 months which resulted in the company going bankrupt, the striking workers jobs, and all the retirees from the company their retirement pensions which included medical insurance.

3. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

200 years and the same shit from righties

How dare those greedy, greedy workers demand to make a living off the blessed capitalist priests. Damn peasants.

4. Bill Wiltrack

Bill Wiltrack Member

[​IMG]

NEVER give up.

NEVER give in.

NEVER.

5. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

The company for whom I work pay both union and non-union mechanics using the same wage scale. Too bad the union mechanics have to give a portion of their paycheck every week to the union.

6. boomerang

boomerang Lifer

Just what we needed, a new head case.

7. tweaker2

tweaker2 Diamond Member

And the non-union workers can thank the unionized workers for negotiating for the wages the non-unionized ones are getting, all while risking their job security, their relationship with their bosses and the possibility of having to go on strike.The non-unionized workers get all of the benefits the unionized workers had to fight tooth and nail for without taking any of the risk the unionized workers had to bear.

Sweet deal huh? ;)

A couple of plausible assumptions were made to make my point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

You remember that when you are on the unemployment line. A friend of mine had a nice job with Verizon 10 years ago making $22.50/hr part time plus bennies for working the phones. They all decided to go after more and went on strike. I told her then that was a foolish move. Those jobs are all gone now and she works as a cashier for $11/hr. The Union did them all well then.....

9. OutHouse

OutHouse Lifer

Op is a tard

10. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

Nope, the Union workers were added as the companies field services expanded and non right to work states required that union hands work on the job. But don't let that stop you from going on and on with your dream that the union workers set the bar for the non union workers.

11. JohnOfSheffield

I was all for it before i was against it...

No Romney, it's just that i fucking love hockey and no other sport.