O'reilly lies about the sales of his new book versus Franken

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
"Never said it. You can't find a transcript where I said it." :)

BTW - where's Hannity on that list. ;)

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
I really wish someone would explain how O'rielly really LIED about something of substance. So far I've heard this and his saying he won a certain award when he actually won another. Is that it?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: miguel
I really wish someone would explain how O'rielly really LIED about something of substance. So far I've heard this and his saying he won a certain award when he actually won another. Is that it?

Well, if he would lie about something this small, imagine about something with substance.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsei

Well, if he would lie about something this small, imagine about something with substance.

Weak argument. Are you saying he is lying but noone can prove it because he's so good at it?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

See my quote by Bill above. He lied about lying. :)

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard

I realize you put a smiley on your post, and that is kinda funny if you look at it that way. But seriously, anything else?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001

Weak argument. Are you saying he is lying but noone can prove it because he's so good at it?

Naw, I'm just saying he lies to push his agenda like everyone else.

edit: also, it's not really a big deal to me that he lies and got caught, it worse when someone else important does it... like the president.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Shanti
Originally posted by: Phokus
http://www.drudgereport.com/mattbc.htm

I used to like O'reilly a lot when he first started out, but i guess it turns out he graduated from the George Bush school of ethics.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

EDIT: oh wait, that wasn't Bush was it?

Kinda ironic when he also said

"Any president that lies to the American people should have to resign."

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard

I realize you put a smiley on your post, and that is kinda funny if you look at it that way. But seriously, anything else?

Not that I know of.

It's kind of funny. He could have just said "Oh yeah, you're right. I got them mixed up." But instead he's on record telling at least 3 different people that he never said what he said. Even after informed of his mistake, he went on the radio afterwards and made the claim again that he didn't say what he said.

How's that saying go? "What a tangled web..." :)

miguel

Nov 2, 2001

Naw, I'm just saying he lies to push his agenda like everyone else.

OK, I guess that didn't come out in your earlier post. Look, not to defend him or anything, but for this example he could be using stats from his publisher or something like that. It doesn't really make me scratch my head you know? But I can feel the hate for this guy on these forums, but yet all I've seen are these two examples and that he interrupts people and bullies them on his show.

It's one thing to not like someone's style, but another thing to call him a liar.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
OK, I guess that didn't come out in your earlier post. Look, not to defend him or anything, but for this example he could be using stats from his publisher or something like that. It doesn't really make me scratch my head you know? But I can feel the hate for this guy on these forums, but yet all I've seen are these two examples and that he interrupts people and bullies them on his show.

It's one thing to not like someone's style, but another thing to call him a liar.

Well, I heard he lied about other stuff. But you'll have to read Al's book. Or maybe someone else will post something.

I don't think people dislike him because he's a conservative, it's just that he probably rub them the wrong way. Isn't he for legalization of drugs? I dunno because the only time I get to watch him is when I'm on the road, stuck at the hotel with nothing else to do. And I haven't been on the road in two years.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001

Well, I heard he lied about other stuff. But you'll have to read Al's book. Or maybe someone else will post something.

I don't think people dislike him because he's a conservative, it's just that he probably rub them the wrong way. Isn't he for legalization of drugs? I dunno because the only time I get to watch him is when I'm on the road, stuck at the hotel with nothing else to do. And I haven't been on the road in two years.

I've read his book (O'rielly) and he is for legalization of some drugs, but increasing the punishment to those who give/sell drugs to kids. He's not actually a conservative if you see where he stands on a lot of issues. I've read some parts of Al's book, and it's not that funny. He used to be a lot more funny, but he's not anymore (to me at least). I understand that Al doesn't like him and that he said that O'rielly lied about the award thing (mistaking one award for another). Big deal.

I can understand how he would rub some people the wrong way, though. But again, I'm looking for proof. Someone give me something solid, PLEASE.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

I've read his book (O'rielly) and he is for legalization of some drugs, but increasing the punishment to those who give/sell drugs to kids. He's not actually a conservative if you see where he stands on a lot of issues. I've read some parts of Al's book, and it's not that funny. He used to be a lot more funny, but he's not anymore (to me at least). I understand that Al doesn't like him and that he said that O'rielly lied about the award thing (mistaking one award for another). Big deal.

I can understand how he would rub some people the wrong way, though. But again, I'm looking for proof. Someone give me something solid, PLEASE.

Proof of what? If you have Franken's book available, he lists footnotes for every one of his claims. (That's probably more than we can do. ;) )

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
I read the book, but I loaned it to an extremly liberal friend (that's how liberal he is, a cheapass). I like the book, but that's just me, if it makes you feel better, I also read Michael Moore's book, and I hated that book, it was a waste of time, and I couldn't even finish it, I don't see how that book can be a best seller.

I don't remember Al's chapter on "Bill O'lie-ly". But the only thing that stood out was not that he lied about the awards, it's when that he's caught about lying, he lies about not telling that lie in the first place.

Oh, I also remember Al writing about Bill lying about his poor childhood (when he actually lived in a high class area). I don't think that's a big deal. In fact, most people tend to lie about coming from a good area rather than trailers.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
A wise man once said, "as ye Judge, so shall ye be Judged" and, "Judge not, lest ye be Judged". IOW, "before opening your mouth, think about what you are about to say".

Now I'm as guilty of doing it as anyone else and have put my mouth in it too often to remember, but for those in the Public Eye they need to STFU once in awhile. ;)

D

Deleted member 4644

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. All politicos lie, and O'reilly is no better (or worse?) than the rest of them.