Ordered parts for my new systems!

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
"Scratches head in confusion."

Why a Celeron with all that other nice gear? Seems kinda pointless. IIRC the Celies were neutered by their 0.5MB shared cache?

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
The celeron seems like a good match for the 7200GS video card.

I'm with Denithor on the massive WTF. Whatcha gonna do with that box?

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
I'm with everybody on the massive WTF.

I figure it is probably for an experiment or HTPC or something.

:confused:

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
For those wondering, the parts are mostly for my new secondary system.

But not all.

The new mobo is going to be put in my main system, & my P5B-D in my main system will be powering the Celeron E1200 secondary system.

The RAM will be added to my main system, which will mean 4x2 GB XP2-6400 Mushkin, instead of 2x2 GB Mushkin + 2x2 GB G.Skill.
The G.Skill will be used in the new secondary system, since it doesn't clock as well as the Mushkin.

Case is for secondary.

Burner will be put into main, & main systems burner will be put into what's going to become my third system, a closet backup file server.

Fans are going to get moved all around in the three PCs.

GPU cooler isn't for me; it's for a buddy's 8800 GT.

7200 GS is going into the closet file server, & that system's current X1300 will be moved in this new secondary.

Ultima 90 is for cooling what will be a heavily overclocked Celeron E1200.

Fans clips are for my main system's TRUE, which will allow me to run push-pull on it.

Totally confused? :p

That's the basics behind the order...i'll update this thread with overclocking results, etc. when i get the parts

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I've had an absolute nightmare of a weekend.

Ripped apart all of my systems to rebuild them, which due to how i'm doing things means three Vista reinstalls.

Apparently i'm cursed or something, because it's been worse than hell trying to get them installed properly, & both goddamn mobos + Vista are rejecting my soundcards.

And holy frickin crap AHCI = teh spawn of satan when it decides to not work properly...

Gah, still have to get so much working.

The Celeron duallie E1200 clocks pretty much how i expected.
Not that great, but 100% overclock is what i was shooting for, & i can do that, though not much more it seems.

Considering it's a $55 CPU, it's a bargain when clocked to 3 GHz levels, as you get entry level Core 2 Duo performance for a third of the price.

http://picsorban.com/upload/e1...0hrs.%2036c%20idle.jpg

Fazzi

Jan 21, 2006
mobo is overkill for your system. I'd get a $50-$80 mobo and couple it with a e21xx.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Fazzi
mobo is overkill for your system. I'd get a $50-$80 mobo and couple it with a e21xx.

Thanx for not reading the thread ;)

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Can't wait for the Mushkin 2x2GB kit I just ordered to come in. Glad you've had good luck with yours.

Maybe when I get it all installed we can sit back and compare notes? I'm curious to see if the DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 is the same as the DDR2 1000 5-5-5-12 overclocking wise.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: ghost recon88
$108 for 6x case fans?

I believe i have 15 Noctuas in total now.

Mostly the newer P12s, but some S12s too. Some are supposed to be for a buddy, but eh...

Beautiful looking, beautifully sleeved, lower RPM resistors [adaptors] for even quieter operation.
No, they aren't cheap.

But they're very high quality quiet fans.

(And yes, i'm well aware of Yate Loon...i sold the YLs i bought.)

And as for the Mushkin, yes, the 996593 (DDR2-1000 5-5-5) & the 996580 (DDR2-800 4-4-4) kits do clock similarly.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: n7
For those wondering, the parts are mostly for my new secondary system.

But not all.

The new mobo is going to be put in my main system, & my P5B-D in my main system will be powering the Celeron E1200 secondary system.

ROFL...
for a second i thought u were getting worse then me and mark.

ALSO WAIT!!!! YOU GOT THE WRONG BOARD!!!!!

You want the LT not the UT. The LT has 2 x 16x. This way you can unleash something like this:
http://i125.photobucket.com/al...aigomorla/IMG_0882.jpg
Add little bit of ocing 900mhz core, 2100mhz ram, and hardcore cooling, and bam... full unlocked xfire ownage!

Also i heard the transpipper is kinda messed up. Thats why the LT has the revision which looks like a HR-05. It comes unmounted, and you mount it on yourself.

Man... i was seriously going to say poor board.

Either way n7 unless your goign to use xfire, you wont need dual 16x but still, your gonna absolutely love that board. Our boards are simular.

I got around 533x7fsb messing around, im sure it could do higher, on my E8400 with it, and im currently at 4.3ghz @ 1.57Vcore. Havent thrown a quad on yet, i got a second one ready for a QX9650.

Just dont get overwhelmed in the overclocking options.