Orcs Must Die 1-2, yo or no?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'm just about finished with Defense Grid (4-5 achievements left) and Steam has OMD 1-2 complete for $8.xx.

So for a single-player tower defense game, are they yay or neigh? whoa or woe? Forever Knight or Twilight?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yes.

Good games. Though if you buy the whole pack you will notice that OMD 2 is just more of the same.
Play that instead. Its got the levels from the first game, plus more weapons and traps. And a 2nd character class.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Yes. A different take on the standard and a very fun game. Haven't played the second one yet even though I have it, but the co-op sounds like a fun addition.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Hell yo. There is something so satisfying about watch Orc arms and legs and guts fly about.

And there is some pretty funny dialogue too.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
i liked OMD 1 more than 2, but 2 had coop and i played it with a friend from the beginning to the end

definetely very fun games, both

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
For this low price I guess it's ok. But I got em both for $2.50 each or so...

I played Orcs Must Die 1 and I must say I am not too impressed. It's fun for about first 2 levels and then it gets pretty repetitive. Points to unlock better traps are not coming too fast, but the difficulty ramps up extremely quickly. I got annoyed and stopped playing.

I later came back and gave it another shot, but ended up with the same results.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
its not a normal tower defense game in which you just watch the tower kill everything, you need to be actively blocking a path when you dont have enough money to do traps in all the entrances, run from one place to another to stop passing enemies, killing flying dragons when your towers cant target them, etc etc etc

one of the worst things OMD 1 had is that it kills your finger from the amount of clicking you will be doing alllll the time shooting

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Another "yo" from me. I just installed OMD2 last night. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
I picked up the second one and found it fairly meh, that was until I looked up the finer details of combos and high scores, which made the game very enjoyable.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I liked the first game better, the second one the balancing is kinda off since they added coop.

greenhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2011
I found the first better, but that is probably as I did not play the second in co op mode.

The second was a bit of a let down vs one given playing solo. But it was still fun to win against. Definitly need to get good at head shots, even at the flying creatures :). it helps with wining. Setting up the traps so that you get extra time to run about is also a good thing to learn :)

Gerle

Aug 9, 2009
Both 1 and 2 are great games, I think 2 is even better. My 6 years old son is really good at it, we enjoy the multi-player aspect.

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I played the first one quite a while ago and I thought it was okay but not great. More recently I played Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves, which felt a bit similar, but I found it much more enjoyable.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
I loved 1 a lot.

2 could have bettered it if only the map design was not so skewed for co-op play. Running around from one corner to another quickly became tiresome.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I loved 1 a lot.

2 could have bettered it if only the map design was not so skewed for co-op play. Running around from one corner to another quickly became tiresome.

Losing is even more tiresome.

You pretty much NEED two players for most of those levels. You gotta have two guys attacking and keeping an eye on everything.

Yes, you have to split up money from kills, but its still a lot easier with a friend.