Rant Orange Genius Dealmaker deliberately tries to destroy U.S. tech industry - blows off concerns with "Whatever"

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007

A well-known analyst predicts Apple iPhone total sales would drop up to 30% if WeChat is banned from Apple's app store worldwide. Considering what a profit motor iPhone is for Apple and this would have significant financial impact. The tech giant's future as a $2T corporation would be history very quickly.

Meanwhile, this would have ZERO impact on China. Killing off essentially all iPhone sales from China would not affect them negatively at all. In fact it would likely be a boon, as many Chinese Apple customers would start buying Chinese phone brands instead.

And yes, it would be dire:

It could be worse actually, because no iPhone sales would have knock-on effects; airpod sales and other peripherals would dry up, iPad sales would dry up, Mac sales would if not dry up so at least slow down a lot, as there'd be less reason to hop onto Apple's expensive ecosystem with another brand of phone in one's pocket. Same thing with homePod too, and so on and on.

Orange Idiot Failmaker is again unable to see the consequences of his own actions, like with his tariff fail he thinks he was punishing China when it was U.S. customers who took a beating in the wallet. He does this, and WeChat still prevails. China prevails. Nothing changes, except further spurring Chinese efforts to rid themselves of cumbersome (and thanks to Orange Idiot Failmaker's repeated blunders, unreliable) western products and technologies. Instead of Chinese money going into Apple pockets, that revenue will dry up, with nothing to show for it. He just weakens his own nation and he won't ever even understand he's doing it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You don't think China via Putin aren't paying him to do this? Trump's aim is to destroy the United States. Imagine how great the man is who can bring down the world's greatest nation. Trump the Glorious and Magnificent will manage to do it with the help of his cult blind friends.

"LOOK AT ME ON WHOSE COATTAILS I RIDE!!!!"

If you can't be the best then shoot to be the worst. It's the spotlight and attention that matters.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You don't think China via Putin aren't paying him to do this? Trump's aim is to destroy the United States. Imagine how great the man is who can bring down the world's greatest nation. Trump the Glorious and Magnificent will manage to do it with the help of his cult blind friends.

"LOOK AT ME ON WHOSE COATTAILS I RIDE!!!!"

If you can't be the best then shoot to be the worst. It's the spotlight and attention that matters.
The Republican Party's aim is to loot the United States.

Your liberal bias is showing by equating looting with destroying.

Trump didn't take over the Republican Party. He's its logical conclusion. The final payoff.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump didn't take over the Republican Party. He's its logical conclusion. The final payoff.

They've been winning at top down class warfare & destroying the middle class for 40 years. The massive shift of income to the 1% is not an accident.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

If he had one-quarter of a brain and one testicle he could have stood against them the second he won the election.

Of course, someone with testicles and brains will never be nominated by the GOP.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
If he had one-quarter of a brain and one testicle he could have stood against them the second he won the election.

Of course, someone with testicles and brains will never be nominated by the GOP.
The problem is that Trump would never fight against the Republican Party, as he is the most Republican Republican in all of history.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

His entire life he has wanted to be one of them. Because he is such an outwardly shitty human being his own class has rejected him socially. He was never, ever going to stand against them.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Moron deal maker meets a REAL deal maker :

She rejected a multi billion dollar offer cause eff them, a few months later, BANG :

"Over the course of her nearly two terms in office, Kamala won a $25-billion settlement for California homeowners hit by the foreclosure crisis, defended California’s landmark climate change law, protected the Affordable Care Act, helped win marriage equality for all Californians, and prosecuted transnational gangs that trafficked in guns, drugs, and human beings. "

Reactions: Ken g6

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Tim Apple? Fuck that guy. Let him grovel at the feet of our Divine Patriotic Leader, Trump the Magnificent!

• Love

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
The Tech sector is basically keeping the major market indexes afloat (as well as fiscal policy).

Wonder if that's the pin that will make the current bubble pop...

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The Tech sector is basically keeping the major market indexes afloat (as well as fiscal policy).

Wonder if that's the pin that will make the current bubble pop...
If Apple were to be removed from the Dow, wonder what last 4 years would have been like? But he takes credit for market propped by Apple and Amazon. Let’s see what he says when he severely gimps Apple.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and FaaR

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Let’s see what he says when he severely gimps Apple.
We know already what he'll say... "Such a fail company. Terrible leadership, the worst. Profits collapsing, Tim Apple is the worst CEO ever."

Because we know he takes no responsibility whatsoever. Nothing is ever his fault. He's the most predictable guy in history.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Thanks, Obama!

If Biden wins in 2020, I think that we pretty much know how things are going to go. I'd imagine that he'll continue the Obama playbook when it comes to dealing with tech companies... Paying lip service to Progressive issues and talking tough at congressional hearings, while doing basically nothing to preventing FAAG tech monopoly from getting even stronger.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If Biden wins in 2020, I think that we pretty much know how things are going to go. I'd imagine that he'll continue the Obama playbook when it comes to dealing with tech companies... Paying lip service to Progressive issues and talking tough at congressional hearings, while doing basically nothing to preventing FAAG tech monopoly from getting even stronger.

I dont recall Obamas handling of corporations or stocks at all.
Truth is I didnt really care for most of his policies and after a while I just stopped watching the news.

BUT AT LEAST HE WAS A FUCKIN HUMAN BEING!

• Haha
Reactions: ultimatebob