optimised Clients for Seti

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Wow now that will really get interesting! :D Thanx for the heads up SirUlli!

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
ooh man what's it been, maybe 5-7 day's with cruncher gone....and "some one" has an optimized client, interesting....:roll:

I better get to reading about the latest chapter in the on going soap opera..;)

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
I'm going to keep using it. Crunch3r cannot, under the GPL, revoke the right to use it.

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001

I'm going to keep using it. Crunch3r cannot, under the GPL, revoke the right to use it.

i know you can continue to run the client.....but the thing is, its not working with the new version.......i think you get no results ...or no new work???.....i forget what it was exactly.. is your seti still crunching??(keeleysam)

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: panhead49

i know you can continue to run the client.....but the thing is, its not working with the new version.......i think you get no results ...or no new work???.....i forget what it was exactly.. is your seti still crunching??(keeleysam)

Mine is still crunching, and I'm getting tons of new work.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
I had the same problem. SETI stoppped getting work and it doesn'T work with the latest BOINC release. But if you run an older version of BOINC and don't crunch SETI, it still works.

:)

RobertE

May 14, 2005
It will stop getting work *IF* your app_info.xml only references the 4.xx apps. If it references the 5.xx app you should be good to go.