Optiarc DVD AD-7585H Driver

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kinesis, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Kinesis

Kinesis Senior member

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if you can help me, I have a Acer Aspire 7736 Laptop with an Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7585H Drive which has suddenly "lost" the driver.

The laptop is running Windows 7 (64 Bit) and as for some reason "installed" the Generic CD-Rom Driver for the this DVD-RW Drive. As a result the Device Manager shows the classic exclamation point and the device is "not working properly". As well the drive is not visible in Computer (i.e. My Computer) or Disk Management.

I have tried removing the device from Device Manager and rebooting with the same result. Searching the internet for the driver has proved to be unsuccessful.

Any thoughts on how I resolve this, other than going the route of restoration?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Optiarc 7585H Driver Forum Date
    Which INTEL SSD Driver should I download and install General Hardware Jun 10, 2017
    Bad Motherboard? Don't know how to troubleshoot this? General Hardware Mar 10, 2017
    Sound card drivers (Solved) General Hardware Oct 20, 2016
    Can't find driver for this terrible sound card... General Hardware Sep 19, 2016
    Flashing my nec/optiarc ad7170a doesn't fix 1x dvd read speed General Hardware Jan 25, 2007

3. mnewsham

mnewsham Lifer

You might need a firmware update

4. Lanyap

Lanyap Elite Member

Optical drives don't have special branded drivers in Windows. It sounds like your DVD drive has failed.

5. Kinesis

Kinesis Senior member

Hmm, well this is my fear.

I can't believe I didn't think of the firmware update. <doh!>

Let you know the result...Lanyap I hope your thought isn't true but was my initial thought as well. :-(

6. bacillus

bacillus Lifer

7. mfenn

mfenn Elite Member <br> Currently on <BR> Moderator Sabb
    Super Moderator

Yep, this crap happens far too often IMHO.

OP, the FixIt thing in the link is basically a script that goes and edits a registry entry for you. As for why the registry entry would get screwed up in the first place, your guess is as good as mine.