Oprah gets smacked down like a normal person, then people say its racial

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

randal

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2001
"Surveillance videotape of the encounter supports the store's account, according to the spokeswoman."

And she calls it racism? WTF YOU STUPID WHORE.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Originally posted by: SouthPaW1227
That stupid bag can come back the next day like everybody else. She's no better than anyone.

but she's oprah and is god to many women across the globe.

no doubt this publicity will be horrible for the store

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
How popular is Oprah in Paris anyways? I mean hell, I probably wouldn't recognize David Beckham if I saw him walking down the street, even though I've seen numerous pics of him.

On a semi-related note, Jay-Z took the same flight I did on my trip back from Paris a few weeks ago. His people, I assume, did call ahead, and he got the total star treatment, resulting in delaying my damn flight an additional 30 min. or so.

loic2003

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
So... basically unless everyone bends over backwards and rolls out red carpets for her and every other black person then they are racists? Yeap... sounds like the race card has been played yet again.

In the media, there is far more anti-white racist material than anti-black. Just look at the fresh prince of Bel Air or indeed Opera.

If the guy at the door said "get lost, ******", where ****** is some kind of blantant racial slur like the one that rhymes with 'digger' that only black people are allowed to use, then it would have been fair enough to call them racist. Otherwise it's just a bitter woman abusing her power to express her anger. Weak.

hysperion

May 12, 2004
Oprah is pathetic anyways, her show is about the most pathetic thing on TV....It's just there's so many stupid women (and men) in the world that she was able to find a following......fvck her and the horse she rode in on. I'm in the market for a tag dive watch and if they sell them I might just give them my business.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Ummm... not that anyone cares or anything... but the article never says that Oprah thought she was turned away because she was black. The article says that's what a New York Post states. And haven't we learned over the past couple years not to trust everything we read in the newspapers, that some of it is even made up?

This is where I really hate the media and feel they do put in extra twists just to gain ratings & sell their own product, no matter what the actual story may be.

EDIT - and especially when it comes to issues of race, the media jumps all over this stuff and most of it I do not agree with.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Oprah has the money to have just bought the store on the spot and opened the damn doors herself.

If I remember correctly, she is the only self-made BILLIONAIRE woman in the world.

Plasdom

Jul 17, 2004
Originally posted by: isasir

On a semi-related note, Jay-Z took the same flight I did on my trip back from Paris a few weeks ago. His people, I assume, did call ahead, and he got the total star treatment, resulting in delaying my damn flight an additional 30 min. or so.

That is the whole point. Society "worships" rich, famous and powerful people and do whatever it takes to please them. Oprah is arguably the most influential woman in America (and therefore potentially the world today). She is used to that preferential treatment and probably so are many stars. If it was posh spice there instead of Oprah, would they have opened the doors? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows!

randal

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: cubby1223
Ummm... not that anyone cares or anything... but the article never says that Oprah thought she was turned away because she was black. The article says that's what a New York Post states. And haven't we learned over the past couple years not to trust everything we read in the newspapers, that some of it is even made up?

This is where I really hate the media and feel they do put in extra twists just to gain ratings & sell their own product, no matter what the actual story may be.

EDIT - and especially when it comes to issues of race, the media jumps all over this stuff and most of it I do not agree with.

BZZZZT

"Harpo Productions spokeswoman Michelle McIntyre said Winfrey "will discuss her 'crash moment' when her show returns from hiatus in September."

"Crash" is a film dealing with race relations. The phrase "crash moment" refers to situations where a party feels discriminated against on the basis of skin color.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: randal
Originally posted by: cubby1223

BZZZZT

"Harpo Productions spokeswoman Michelle McIntyre said Winfrey "will discuss her 'crash moment' when her show returns from hiatus in September."

The fat b!tch "discussed" her "harsh treatment" on her crappy show. Stern is playing the lowlights now. Damn I hate her. Queen Oprah was treated like a normal person, waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. F Oprah.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
did she tape someone being allowed into the store after hours ? If not, she should STFU.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Fat Oprah: "The store was in the process of being closed."

Then come back tomorrow. Who the fvck do you think you are?

Fat Oprah: "The doors weren't locked"

That's because the customers who were there, during normal business hours, and in the process of checking out, need a way to get out, you stupid fvcking hag.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71
did she tape someone being allowed into the store after hours ? If not, she should STFU.

No, she's upset they didn't cater to her every whim and keep the store open just because she graced it with her presence.

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
When you're a billionaire with fans who practically worship the ground you walk on, your worldview tends to become rather skewed.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: arcas
When you're a billionaire with fans who practically worship the ground you walk on, your worldview tends to become rather skewed.

Perfect example: President Bush. ;)

GhettoPeanut

Feb 9, 2005
Originally posted by: 733SHiFTY
Dont get me wrong, I'm no racist, but it really pisses me of when minorities pull sht like this. Obviously, there are still some areas of the world that discriminate against minorities, but I believe the race card is way too overplayed.

agreeed, this is just as bad as the burgerking muslim thing.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BostonRedSox
Amazing. Not only did you bring this sh1tty thread back into existence when it should have been buried, but you even manage to turn it political.

Fvck the Red Sox. GO CARDS!!! (let's see you sweep us again this year)

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Ilmater
Originally posted by: BostonRedSox
Amazing. Not only did you bring this sh1tty thread back into existence when it should have been buried, but you even manage to turn it political.

Fvck the Red Sox. GO CARDS!!! (let's see you sweep us again this year)

We have to make the playoffs first. ;)