Opinions on SysTweak's Advanced System Optimizer ?

Pumice

Jan 17, 2011
I just downloaded the free Trial version of Advanced System Optimizer by SysTweak. The trial version only lasts for 24hrs. Soo far it found and fixed quite a lot of registry issues , malware and 1 Trojan. I am running McAfee Total Protection on this computer and it did not find the Trojan. I run the free Spybot, Advanced System Care and Crap Cleaner. Despite having the paid McAfee and the other free programs, the SysTweak managed to find quite a few issues.

I am wondering if SysTweak reports a lot of false positives to entice people to buy it or if it really is a reputable product. I am thinking of buying depending on what people think of it.

Thanks

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Most of those so called "tweak" applications are worthless. All you need is a decent antivirus/antimalware program, and the free ones should be fine so long as you aren't going to Internet places or doing things you really shouldn't be. I wouldn't worry about the "malware" or "trojan" on a system you were running active antivirus on - they were probably false (or misleading as you suggest) positives.

Every system is going to have registry issues that can be identified, as the registry WILL accumulate junk as you install and remove software over time. I wouldn't mess with it unless you are trying to fix a problem or address some issue you are having.

If the system seems to be operating too slowly at some point, you can always back up your personal data and do a complete OS reinstall. You'll be shocked at how well a new OS install runs without all the accumulated digital crud clogging the works.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I've never heard of that particular brand, but what Steltek said above is spot on. There are so many different "snake oil" software companies out there, and they almost never even get close to what they claim they do.

Additionally, McAfee hasn't been considered one of the best antivirus programs for a long time now. Microsoft's included Windows Defender has consistently outperformed them for many years now as well.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-jul-aug-2020-factsheet/

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I would not bother with software like that. Honestly, I don't think it is necessary to pay for any sysop or antivirus software anymore. If you have Windows 10, just be sure to update windows defender, it may not be perfect, but is less bloated than a lot of other programs like Avast and AVG. Use it in combination with Malwarebytes and SuperantiSpyware.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I haven't bothered cleaning a Windows registry since Windows XP. I even used ccleaner for years and didn't mess with the registry cleaning feature.

If things get slow on Windows 10 you can always use the built in "reset this PC" or "fresh start" options. Just be sure you understand what they do since you'll be starting over. I personally prefer making an image of a clean windows install to another hard drive in case I want or need to start over. I also occasionally make an image just incase something goes wrong and I want to go back to before a mishap (virus, bad install or update, etc.). It's also a good idea to back up any important data separately for safe keeping.

Reactions: VeryCharBroiled

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
CCleaner free can cleanup the registry if that's what you want to do. IIRC cleaning up the registry doesn't necessarily buy you anything and could cause problems. MalwareBytes free is good for finding trojans. Advanced System Optimizer by SysTweak is not worth $49.95.

Act Now!
Buy Advanced System Optimizer before Sunday, November 8, 2020 at our special download price of US$ 49.95 and save US$ 20 and we will also give you the award winning PhotoStudio v2.1 ABSOLUTELY FREE
Advanced System Optimizer InfoUS$ 69.95Save US$ 20
Systweak PhotoStudio v2.1US$ 49.95Lifetime FREE
Get all of these amazing products for:US$ 119.90US$ 49.95