Opinions on a monitor I am looking to purchase

Valantar

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yep, it's 1080p. With those viewing angles and a 5000:1 contrast ratio, it's definitely neither TN (hooray!) nor IPS (not hooray, but not necessarily a bad thing). Might be PLS, might be some sort of VA. Either way, on paper it looks like an excellent display. 99% sRGB coverage might be a sign of decent color accuracy, although without individual calibration and testing to verify this there's really no guarantee. Still, 99% sRGB is better than 60% sRGB. The only panel type to avoid like the plague is TN, so you're good there. A 5000:1 static contrast ratio is amazing.

I'd argue that 1080p on a 32" panel is far too low for desktop use (icons and on-screen items will be big), but that's personal preference at least to a certain degree. I would argue the same for 1080p on 27" like your current monitor too, so there's that. If you're happy with it, it's obviously not a problem.

Have you read any reviews of it? If you have, and they don't point out any big faults that would bother you, I'd go for it.

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Thank you Valantar

Am using 1280x800 on the 27" Dell, cant read tiny stuff ... :)

Amazon has a ton of reviews, most raved about how nice a picture it had

It is $218.99 shipped with an extra year added on to the factory warranty

Have not owned a TV in over 25 years and use my PC for FPS, movies and such

Regards

Ricky.