Opinions on a good case

snidy1

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2003
What is the best case for an extreme gaming system? I don't need windows on it but don't mind them (Do they reduce cooling?)and I already have a power supply. I need a good cool case with plenty of room for expansion.
Oh, I can spend up to $200

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
I'm not sure if you'll do better than that 1000AMG Plusview. The key to an extreme gaming rig that is OC'd is ventilation. With some modification, you could probably alter that Antec to fit your needs. If you want good looks, expandability, and lotsa ventilation, I'd check out one of the Lian-Li PC75's from PCMods. They'll laser cut up to 3 80mm fan holes into the window as well. There might be some other sites that will do similar modifications for you; With a case that big, you may want to consolidate the number of fans and look at 92mm and 120mm solutions. You'll also definitely want to look into a rheobus or fan control solution, as that will give you total control over fan speed/noise/cooling. You might also take a look at the Thermaltake Xaser III's. They incorporate much of what I've mentioned into a stock package, but the cases themselves are modified versions of the case you own.

Chiz

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Tough to beat the 10XX Antecs, for the money. They require no mods to achieve excellent airflow, and you could go for the top of the line 1080AMG w/ killer 430w psu, get some serious change from that $200...

BG4533

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2001
If this is for the system in your profile, stick with the case you have. You may want to remove the stamped fan grills and even put in 92mm fans instead of the 80mm ones. With some mods, 92mm fans should fit in all the fan spots except the window.

Brian

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
Coolermaster, baby! ATC-201SX - $157 shipped from newegg. They also have models with different finishes and optional windows here.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Im looking at one of the Steel Xaser II's.

Im not paying double for the aluminium Xaser III.

The Xaser III looks better and has a few more bells and whistles but doesnt look like its worth the extra £££'s. Plus, I dont have that kind of £££'s to spend frivilously.