Opinion Piece on Social Policies

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nismotigerwvu

Golden Member
May 13, 2004
Can we just let this thread die now? The longer this stays frontpaged the more links this little brat gets on his page. Nothing but blogspam to see here...

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
He's just a kid throwing a tantrum. He thinks if he screams and stomps his feet enough AMD will start sending him stuff to shut him up. I wish he'd try holding his breath.

Seriously wow, is that what you think?, cause if it is, you don't know what your talking about....

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Seriously wow, is that what you think?, cause if it is, you don't know what your talking about....

It's pretty obvious. He first brought it up when AMD wasn't going to RMA a review sample. Now he's lost it because they didn't send him a 7970.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

"He's just a kid throwing a tantrum. He thinks if he screams and stomps his feet enough AMD will start sending him stuff to shut him up. I wish he'd try holding his breath."

"It's pretty obvious. He first brought it up when AMD wasn't going to RMA a review sample. Now he's lost it because they didn't send him a 7970."

With replies like these, no, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Only what he want's to believe is happening.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
"He's just a kid throwing a tantrum. He thinks if he screams and stomps his feet enough AMD will start sending him stuff to shut him up. I wish he'd try holding his breath."

"It's pretty obvious. He first brought it up when AMD wasn't going to RMA a review sample. Now he's lost it because they didn't send him a 7970."

With replies like these, no, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Only what he want's to believe is happening.

That could sadly be said for a lot of posters on this forum...

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
I think apoppin genuinely has an axe to grind with viral marketers. He did the same thing to nVidia back in the day when they were destroying the forum here.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
When it comes to video cards you just buy the video cards you want based on reports of quality and benchmarks and compatibility. People can still have brand preference but I dont let that kind of thing affect my purchases of video cards. I am pretty shure if the nvidia video cards got better benchmarks with a good qaulity product, that they would get better reviews from anandtech.

I am often amazed how many bad reviews some motherboards get that seem unwarranted. I think I have seen some reviews where Intel motherboards seem absent. However, I still buy Intel motherboards for stability. I dont overclock so that is not important to me.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
When it comes to video cards you just buy the video cards you want based on reports of quality and benchmarks and compatibility. People can still have brand preference but I dont let that kind of thing affect my purchases of video cards. I am pretty shure if the nvidia video cards got better benchmarks with a good qaulity product, that they would get better reviews from anandtech.

I am often amazed how many bad reviews some motherboards get that seem unwarranted. I think I have seen some reviews where Intel motherboards seem absent. However, I still buy Intel motherboards for stability. I dont overclock so that is not important to me.
Well said and that last part is pretty sad,people tend to go for bells and whistles rather than functionality today.Intel boards sadly don't have military class components,Japanese solid state capacitors etc etc.They work quite flawlessly despite this though :p

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
At least he/they fixed the Google link that was asking you to download malicious code.

Course that was blamed on AMD haha.

I wonder who'll send the article to the consumerist, since he won't?

EDIT: Oh, Jay that picture you posted that claim was official, says it on the article (and thread) that it was a joke.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Keys should send it.. that would be kinda ironic.

If he does, it ties in perfectly to the irony this whole fiasco rings of. He went silent when Chris Hook talked to him. After he didn't get a response he through more gasoline on the fire, and even said "maybe it's time for another social media article" [paraphrase.]

Crusade to expose shills or to reconile...maybe now it's legit.

Remember the updated nVidia Social Media Policy? So, only one user currently reveals their affiliation of all the nVidia employees? Irony. Every where.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
At least he/they fixed the Google link that was asking you to download malicious code.

EDIT: Oh, Jay that picture you posted that claim was official, says it on the article (and thread) that it was a joke.
It was a official joke,isn't it obvious :biggrin:
AMD did the same thing during Fermi and when intel had to recall early SB motherboards.They are pranksters :p

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010

Though it was a joke but I thought it was created by AMD?

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
If he does, it ties in perfectly to the irony this whole fiasco rings of. He went silent when Chris Hook talked to him. After he didn't get a response he through more gasoline on the fire, and even said "maybe it's time for another social media article" [paraphrase.]

Crusade to expose shills or to reconile...maybe now it's legit.

Remember the updated nVidia Social Media Policy? So, only one user currently reveals their affiliation of all the nVidia employees? Irony. Every where.

I have no doubts that it has been already forwarded to the consumerist, although I haven't sent them any info. But to be sure, maybe you should send it Railven.
He went silent when Chris Hook spoke with him? AFAICT, he actually posted in public their conversations to keep us updated. Then Chris Hook is the one who went silent. Wasn't he. Why are you twisting sh*t around? Everyone has eyes. Everyone can physically see what went down.

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
I have no doubts that it has been already forwarded to the consumerist, although I haven't sent them any info. But to be sure, maybe you should send it Railven.

If I did, it included my commentary. The Google Link issue didn't help.

To your edit:

Read his posts. You'll find it where he says "our job is done. Now it's AMD's turn." Sure, he posted some of the conversation, but he also showed how he was satisfied with, as you'd agree with me, spoon fed response.

Now he's upset again. I thought his job was one? It is there for people to see, and they should go see it.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Though it was a joke but I thought it was created by AMD?

Reading the thread, I wouldn't know myself, but it seems most believe it isn't AMD created.

Just that it's a joke. I actually had a few LOL's. Reminds me of that video card poster with all the vendors of the time on one board that was like 10 feet long or something haha. With the guy from Sabado Gigante giving his seal of approval (Don Franscico.)

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Anyone want to summarise this issue for me?

Is it a continuation of the Apoppins previous spat? I'd be right in assuming he has something concrete now then and isn't just throwing mud and innuendo?

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010

Is it a continuation of the Apoppins previous spat? I'd be right in assuming he has something concrete now then and isn't just throwing mud and innuendo?

Same ol same, except this time it's personal/bibilical/desparate.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004

His site's a failure and he's crying out more to try to get attention. Meanwhile members of the circle jerk over there keep sullying this forum with their overly-defensive nonsense. The best course of action is to ignore it all.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Same ol same, except this time it's personal/bibilical/desparate.

Facepalm.jpg

Why the hell would he stir this up again without any more substance. It's got to the point that it's not changing anyone's opinion of AMD but he is changing everyone's opinion of his journalism.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
If I did, it included my commentary. The Google Link issue didn't help.

To your edit:

Read his posts. You'll find it where he says "our job is done. Now it's AMD's turn." Sure, he posted some of the conversation, but he also showed how he was satisfied with, as you'd agree with me, spoon fed response.

Now he's upset again. I thought his job was one? It is there for people to see, and they should go see it.

Please Railven. You know he expressed satisfaction THEN, because he thought he got somewhere with AMD via Chris Hook. Turns out Chris Hook was just blowing smoke. A lot like what you're doing towards Apoppin right now by dismissing it all so easily. So, i'm sure you know that means that apoppins job is indeed not done. Wouldnt you agree? Circunstances have changed and the rep from AMD boldly lied to his face it appears.
Ample fuel to continue.

Jionix

Jan 12, 2011
His site's a failure and he's crying out more to try to get attention. Meanwhile members of the circle jerk over there keep sullying this forum with their overly-defensive nonsense. The best course of action is to ignore it all.

You were a bit soft on them.. He is a desperate loser, who is running a desperate site, which is desperate for hits, views, attention, and desperately seeking validation of his "struggle".

To me, it's the definition of pathetic.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Please Railven. You know he expressed satisfaction THEN, because he thought he got somewhere with AMD via Chris Hook. Turns out Chris Hook was just blowing smoke. A lot like what you're doing towards Apoppin right now by dismissing it all so easily. So, i'm sure you know that means that apoppins job is indeed not done. Wouldnt you agree? Circunstances have changed and the rep from AMD boldly lied to his face it appears.
Ample fuel to continue.

I'm sure it isn't done, and I never said it was done, it's just what I inferred from posts such as this:

Now AMD management knows everything. ABT's side of it. They will decide what to do - if nothing. If they leave us out of the review process, that is fine too.

Which led into this:

No one understands this thing. All i wanted to do was present my case to AMD.
-all of this - this was just the presentation .. imagine if i really wanted to stick it to them. We don't. We want them to fix it.

Then the thread went silent for about a week until now. He didn't get a response. I thought he just wanted the oppurtunity to tell AMD.

I don't recall ever dimissing anything. I recall questioning the motives and timing. And it seems more so his motives aren't what I just quoted him saying here. He clearly wants recognition if not absolution.

Welsh's post makes a lot of sense. His attitude changed once he got fed, and now that his morsel is devoured and no more food was served, well he started to ring his bell again.