OpenGL lost connection crash.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
It just happened when I opened bSNES .88 for the first time. The system recovered. So I reopened it and it didn't crash again. I have a 560Ti 2GB by evga. Have any GTX680 owners experienced the OpenGL lost connection crash?

I was asking because if the GTX680 is unaffected, then I might buy one earlier than I had initially planned to. That doesn't change the fact that nvidia's drivers are infuriating, and there is really no alternative that doesn't suck worse. AMD's drivers may or may not be better, but I don't like their hardware. I wish 3dfx hadn't been swallowed and/or that Matrox still made GPUs.

I've given up hope for nvidia making good drivers, and I never had hope that AMD was going to make good hardware.

All that said, I'm f***ed.

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I've had this exact issue with Rage. I didn't have any time to spend at the time to try to see what the issue was though. So I can't say if it was related to my overclock (which is stable in every other game) or SLI (which doesn't work in Rage) or something else.

I did have crashes in SC2 (which isn't openGL so probably irrelevant) using the 301.24 drivers, but switching to 301.25 fixed it. Never tested Rage again with those drivers though.

Mars999

Jan 12, 2007
Have you tried to change the power setting in the control panel to maximum? vs. lowest for power usage?