OpenCL supported Video Editor

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've been searching and so far the only recognized video editor I can find that supports OpenCL hardware acceleration is Sony's Vegas Pro (for more than just encode)? I'm not about to drop that kind of money for pet projects which are personal and not business related at all.

Are there any other options out there that have a timeline editor with high quality video/sound output?

Edit: I forgot I have another problem that even Vegas Pro can't resolve for me. I record videos with subtitle information: GPS, speed, altitude. I need that information to remain with the time indexes on the video without too much hassle. I think I just created a much bigger problem to solve. >.>

It looks like there's a subtitler for Cinelerra, but that'd be a pain recreating the final subtitle text files from cut video sources.

I guess my only solution for this will be to transcode my videos with the subtitles overlayed onto them, then make my cuts and have the subtitle information permanently on the video?

Edit #2: Handbrake can apparently handle subtitle pass-through. We'll see how this one works. Btw, Handbrake 'still' doesn't support hardware acceleration. :/

Last edited:

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks. Right now I'm a Windows only environment, but I always wanted to dabble with Linux. I'll consider it!

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Because I have about 40GB worth of video I'd like to go through (and growing). I've been eliminating some of it, but there are pieces to a lot of these recording sessions that I'd like to incorporate into a final edit. Using CPU alone would take...forever.