me cringe. That experience, however pales in
comparison to what I am going through right now, in my
heart.

The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of
betrayal by fellow citizens, and their leader stirring
them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut
in the same scar. How did we who served in Vietnam
suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and
rapists, of the ilk of the Nazi SS or the Taliban?
Most of us were American soldiers who grew up
idolizing John Wayne, Roy Rogers, and all the other
heroes. That was why I volunteered. But for political
expediency, John Kerry has rewritten history, again.
After spending only four months in the country of
Vietnam, John Kerry testified before Congress in 1971
with these exact words about incidents he supposedly
witnessed or heard about from other vets: "They
personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped
wires from portable telephones to human genitals and
turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies,
randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot
cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and
generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

I was a green beret officer who volunteered for duty
in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in 1968 and
1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh
Trail, just for starters. We were the elite. We saw
the most action. Everybody in the world knows that.
But we did not just kill people, we built a church, a
school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and
clothing, and had fun and loving interaction with the
indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our boys did
in Normandy, Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American
soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars
and rations to kids. Our hearts to oppressed people
all over the globe.

My children and grandchildren could read your words,
and think those horrendous things about me, Mr. Kerry.
You are a bold-faced, unprincipled liar, and a
disgrace, and you have dishonored me and all my fellow
Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple
bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all, and if I
did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop
it, or at the very least report it. Why is there not a
single record anywhere of you ever reporting any
incidents like this or having the perpetrators
arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your
medals and mine are not a free pass for lifetime,
Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity, and
morality. I earn my green beret over and over daily in
all aspects of my life.

Eight National Guard green berets, and other National
Guard soldiers, have been killed in Iraq and
Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows
and families by lumping National Guard service in with
being a draft-dodger, conscientious objector, and
deserter, just so you can try to sabotage the
patriotism of our President who proudly served as an
Air National Guard jet pilot. I have a son earning his
green beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife
serves honorably in the Air National Guard, just like
President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am
my son. I volunteered for Vietnam and have no problem
whatsoever with President Bush being our
Commander-In-Chief. In fact, I am proud of him as our
leader.

John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human
rights Bill, HR2883, in 2001, after it had passed the
House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of
pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in Vietnam died
since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier,
as Chair of the Senate Select Committee on MIA/POW
Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and
all veterans to report sightings of living POW's, when
you held those reins in Congress. You have fought
tooth and nail to push for the US to normalize
relations with Vietnam for years. Why, Mr. Kerry?
Simple, your first cousin C. Stewart Forbes, CEO, of
Colliers International, recently signed a contract
with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's
International to become the exclusive real estate
representative for the country of Vietnam.

"Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your
chest about your Vietnam service, but to me, you are a
phony, opportunistic, hypocrite. You are one of those
politicians that is like a fertilizer machine: all
that comes out of you is horse manure, and you are
spreading it everywhere.
Medals do not make a man. Morals do.
Don Bendell Canon City, Colorado

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
And yet another bogus 'Letter' from a vet surfaces again, same content, just a different name at the end.
just a reshuffle of the one the week before, which was a reshuffle of the paragraph sequencing of the one
from the week before that, and the one before that one. There will be a nother with the same content next
week, and another, then another. You'd think that Karl Rove would get writters cramp someday.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
And yet another bogus 'Letter' from a vet surfaces again, same content, just a different name at the end.
just a reshuffle of the one the week before, which was a reshuffle of the paragraph sequencing of the one
from the week before that, and the one before that one. There will be a nother with the same content next
week, and another, then another. You'd think that Karl Rove would get writters cramp someday.

almost every single vet and soldier here at fort hood hates komrade kerry. after getting scratches and nominating himself for medals we know him for the typical leftist lying wuss he is.

reality is objective, not subjective to your opinion. deal with it.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
almost every single vet and soldier here at fort hood hates komrade kerry. after getting scratches and nominating himself for medals we know him for the typical leftist lying wuss he is.

wow, you'd think there would be no end to their hatred for bush, someone who used his fathers influence to duck all together.:p

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

Asked a few of the Vets i work with their opinion of him. They said they dont have any problems. The one also said the local VFW is about split down the center.......LIKE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

Krk3561

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2002

very interesting link

found this there:

LIE: TODAY SHOW, Feb 25, John Kerry (direct quote): "I believe that this administration, which incidentally, wanted to cut the pay of troops, which has not provided body armor to many of our young people that?s up to date in Iraq. You've got families in Ohio going out and raising money from friends to buy body armor and send to their kids in Iraq. I think this administration has, you know, chosen extraordinary priorities - cutting the VA budget so they could actually give a tax cut to the wealthiest Americans."

FACT: Senate Bill 1689, Passed the Senate by an 87-12 margin on 10/17/03. Kerry was one of the 12 who voted against it. It was a bill to provide body armor for soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, health care for reservists, support for families, and better meals for wounded soldiers.

2ND FACT: Veterans getting health benefits has gone up 27% under Bush's budgets (factcheck.org). Bush has raised pay for soldiers 21% and Kerry voted against military pay raises 12 times. Bush's fiscal year 2005 budget for VA medical care is more than 40% higher than when Bush too office.

3rd FACT: Kerry, supposedly taking care of his "Band of Brothers" has only proposed a grand total of four vets bills (which went nowhere) in over 18 years in the Senate. One of those was this year, and he signed on 6 others this year, while running for Prez. Check it out for yourself at the Library of Congress website" http://www.thomas.loc.gov.

For 18 years John F. Kerry voted against the first Gulf War and every major weapons system, proposed military pay raise, and bills to upgrade and improve our intelligence services.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
"For 18 years John F. Kerry voted against the first Gulf War and every major weapons system, proposed military pay raise, and bills to upgrade and improve our intelligence services."

Now that is full of mistruths and lies...and you know that. You should have left that part out.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
"almost every single vet and soldier here at fort hood hates komrade kerry. after getting scratches
and nominating himself for medals we know him for the typical leftist lying wuss he is"

How are things at the 'Hood ? Give my reguards to the 1st Cav, done that, '66 Camp Radcliff. - quite a camp out.
You ever go to 'Nam ? you'd be about 53 to 66 years old then, and the 'Nam was a lot different than the Gulf.
Can't picture you with the attitude of an experienced vet, little too much blind rage exposed.

Army had it real bad over there, Cav lost a lot of brave men, despite every effort to get them back safely.
Marines had it pretty bad around Da Nang too. As bad as the Army had it in the Central Highlands
everyone that I knew thought that the Navy River Rats had it worse, being what went down on the banks.
Out on the water crusin' for a Brusin' when out of nowhere you're in a kill zone, with no enemy in sight,
and no way to return fire. They were dug into the banks - underwater spider doors, and a point blank shot
with heavy guns just stirred up the mud - you couldn't even penetrate to where they were.

My boy just last month got back from Iraq, he's at Ft. Campbell, and has a ton of stories.
He has no love for the Iraqi's, dosen't trust them, and dosen't like the way they do things.
Just like the Cong, friend by day, traitors by night.

Now with Kerry, I don't care one way or the other about his service record, but the fact is - he did serve there
and did what he had to do. He didn't make the 3 wound policy, but it was an available option he took.
I knew some that took the option, good form them, and some kept re-upping, the 'Thrill Kill Boy's.'
We made a lot of nut cases over there, some could handle it and others couldn't. Very few of the
Thrill Boy's survived their 3rd or 4th extension, as they apparently had nothing to live for, but did have
a self imposed wish or idealogy to die for - eerily, not unlike the suicide bombers of today.

Hey, you remember Saigon ? It's now Ho Chi Mihn City, that's where a lot of the concept of Suicide Bombings
began, it's was just so easy to wire a 5 year old and run him out to hug a G.I. on the street, then flip a switch.

Remember Bush ? He was in the FANG and had more important things to do than support our country,
damn - he had an election to try to help a friend win, obviously much more important than serving.
Kerry ? as I said, personally I don't care, but since the 'Nam I refuse to support an administration that
lies to get it's way with politics and the involvement of our military, and I have 58,000+ graves to prove it.
Johnson and Nixon taught me that, and there is no way in hell that I support the Bush Falsification Agenda.

Enjoy your stay down south there in Killeen, it's so much nicer there than 'Nam - - or Baghdad.