Open Carry Helps Stops Another Criminal

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Darwin333
You help make my point when you said you wouldn't even want to hand around with someone that is carrying. Why? I don't have numbers that prove people who carry are less confrontational but the fact that they almost never use their weapons (excluding target/range) should carry at least some weight in the debate.

As I said, it's probably a culture thing. I wasn't raised around guns, don't own one, don't know anyone who does, have never had an experience where I wish I was armed, so being around armed civilians unnerves me. Most people I meet I don't think I would want armed in a life or death situation, do you listen to the people who call in to talk radio? :) Also, the unrestrained glee for killing evidenced in other gun threads such as the Texan who blew away two thieves fleeing his neighbor's house, is foreign to me, and seems to only exist in strong believers of personal gun rights. I know there are plenty of people even in Texas who do not approve of what that guy did, and would have let the criminals run rather than kill them, but for the ones who would risk opening fire in a suburban neighborhood in the middle of the afternoon to stop guys running away with someone elses property, I don't get it. That's an example of the judgment I don't want to deal with.