OPEC to cut production by 4%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TC2181

Banned
Nov 20, 2003
WASHINGTON -- While blaming President Bush for the high price of gasoline, his Democratic challenger, Sen. John Kerry, on Tuesday reiterated his opposition to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, saying it is no solution.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: TC2181
WASHINGTON -- While blaming President Bush for the high price of gasoline, his Democratic challenger, Sen. John Kerry, on Tuesday reiterated his opposition to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, saying it is no solution.

And his solution is to deplete all our reserves so our naked derrier is held up in the air and saying thank you can I have another....what a dumbass

TC2181

Banned
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Nitemare

And his solution is to deplete all our reserves so our naked derrier is held up in the air and saying thank you can I have another....what a dumbass

Drilling in Alaska will just raise the cost.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Only answer is to spend more money on alternative fuel research so those Arabs drown in their own crude.

TC2181

Banned
Nov 20, 2003

Only answer is to spend more money on alternative fuel research so those Arabs drown in their own crude.

We will most likely drown ourself in a crisis before that happens. How can anyone think Bush supports R&D for alternative energy sources, when he is an oil boy himself?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

We will most likely drown ourself in a crisis before that happens. How can anyone think Bush supports R&D for alternative energy sources, when he is an oil boy himself?
We'll buy all the oil there is to buy, and it's going to be rough when oil prices rise. But it's going to be especially rough when it gets very costly and we've finally gotten it through our heads to rely on alternative energies, meanwhile the middle east is caught with its pants down and nothing to sell, because it's a freaking wasteland.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

and Kerry's family fortune is gained by outsourcing jobs to third world countries...

What good is oil if you don't have a job to pay for it?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Everyone posting in this thread must be from the South. Everyone up north recognizes that THE SNOW IS GONE!!! Any idea what percent of the imported oil is used for heat? I'll bet it's more than 4% in Jan and Feb. Thus the 4% drop in production will meet a 5 or 6% drop in demand. Prices won't go up. (excepting that the big oil companies will see you people whining about the prices going up because of OPEC, and they'll be happy to increase their profit margin and blame OPEC.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

and Kerry's family fortune is gained by outsourcing jobs to third world countries...

Bush's answer to it is that nobody has a job they need to drive to! :evil:

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: DrNoobie
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile Since we go after drug cartels, what makes this cartel any different? They are most likely in cahoots with monkeys in the whitehouse too :)
fixed your post...
fixed your post...
fixed your post...
fixed all y'all posts.... no fix back, and the ENTIRE intarweb is home free.

If you want to start droping names, might as well call up cheney, dubbya sr (actually the whole family, you know, oil tycoons? fcusk it, call up texas), all them weapons producing bastages, defense contractors (did I mention cheney?). Oh, and members OPEC, are not all bombs toting, US hatin countries.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Bush's answer to it is that nobody has a job they need to drive to! :evil:

At least we can get our extra welfare child credit check

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
and Kerry's family fortune is gained by outsourcing jobs to third world countries... What good is oil if you don't have a job to pay for it?
/shakes nitemare violently: WAKKKKEEEE UPPP...... you've been dreaming toooooo damn long. How is outsourcing has anything to do with Kerry?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Gas prices might start to affect me if they hit $7 a gallon or so. Otherwise, a couple thousand dollars spread out over the year really doesn't mean crap to me. I'll keep driving my Acura 60 miles every day, and my gas guzzling Lightning on the weekends.

Even if they did come out with some wonderful electric\hybird car, I wouldn't want one, because everyone else would have one... Bleh.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Everyone posting in this thread must be from the South. Everyone up north recognizes that THE SNOW IS GONE!!! Any idea what percent of the imported oil is used for heat? I'll bet it's more than 4% in Jan and Feb. Thus the 4% drop in production will meet a 5 or 6% drop in demand. Prices won't go up. (excepting that the big oil companies will see you people whining about the prices going up because of OPEC, and they'll be happy to increase their profit margin and blame OPEC.

Umm and with summer coming it will mean every damn car will be on the road. Gas usage will skyrocket as people in the northeast travel all over creation. I think even 87 octane gas will get up to $2 a gallon this summer.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
and Kerry's family fortune is gained by outsourcing jobs to third world countries... What good is oil if you don't have a job to pay for it?
/shakes nitemare violently: WAKKKKEEEE UPPP...... you've been dreaming toooooo damn long. How is outsourcing has anything to do with Kerry?

Think he is really going to bite the hand that feeds him?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor
Gas prices might start to affect me if they hit $7 a gallon or so. Otherwise, a couple thousand dollars spread out over the year really doesn't mean crap to me. I'll keep driving my Acura 60 miles every day, and my gas guzzling Lightning on the weekends.

Even if they did come out with some wonderful electric\hybird car, I wouldn't want one, because everyone else would have one... Bleh.

I take it you manufacture all the food, clothing and other goods that you use or you use your trusty replicator ar transporter to get them.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Anyone who thinks that the president (or candidate) is responsible for the price of gas is, to put it simply, ignorant.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I agree with Skoorb about the US needs to work on the alternative energy sources. Oil is a limited resource, once it gone, it will not come back. Hopefully, we won't wait until the last minute.

BTW, even gas goes up to $2 a gallon or more, it still costs less than water bottle ($4/gal) or milk ($2.5/gal) or orange juice ($2.75/gal).

TC2181

Banned
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
If the US would simply drill Alaska more, we'd be able to fend off those OPEC asshats.

Whilest we pay American workers much much more to refine the oil, and operate the equipment, driving the price up even further?

Pair this with the fact that we haven't built a new refinery for the past 20 years...yeah.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
If the US would simply drill Alaska more, we'd be able to fend off those OPEC asshats.
It's a patch. It's not like gas is going to be $5/gallon this year and stay there. The US needs to retool their use of energy to something that isn't so finite, and in the control of others.