[OOS] RAIDMAX Cobra Series RX-1200AE-B 1200W ATX 80 PLUS GOLD Semi-Modular PSU $69.99 @ Newegg (sold by Nova Shop)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

80Plus Gold, 1200W! $69.99

Yeah, it's a RaidMax. But for that price, assuming that it's actually a 700-800W 80Plus Gold, I'm willing to take the chance on a few of these, given PSU prices lately. (If/when I get my stimulus check.)

I think that this deal is today only (daily deal / SS). These should sell out.

Note also, sold by "Nova Shop" (@ Newegg), that seems to carry A LOT of RaidMax products, at fairly decent prices.

Edit: Read the Q&A for this product. Seems encouraging.

"This ran a 6 GPU mining rig at 1075watts for over 8 months with almost no downtime. Didn’t fail just dismantled the rig. "

Edit: 6 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors, two appear to be captive, with 2x modular cables each with 2 connectors on them.

NOTE ALSO, does NOT appear to support a secondary 4-pin or 8-pin ATX12V connector, as some (many?) X570 boards these days take TWO connectors, either an 8-pin AND a 4-pin ATX12V, or two 8-pin EPS12V "CPU" connectors. This PSU has NO provision for the secondary CPU connector, AND MAY NOT WORK WITH THESE X570 BOARDS. (Possibly, hence the cheap price for a "1200W" PSU.)

Last edited:

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
I wanted to like this one, but the Amazon reviews are kind of brutal.

https://www.amazon.com/Raidmax-Cobra-Power-1200W-Supply/dp/B00MHU4OLM

This would make a great spare to have handy, if it weren't for the whole "connectors fusing to the PSU" thing. I usually ignore the oddball bad review, but combining "Raidmax" with "cheap" with "PSU" with "consistent pattern of bad reviews" - One thing I've learned in 35 years of building PCs - never skimp on the PSU.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I would trust a lightning powered meta over raidmax any day. I would trust a direct lightning strike more than raidmax lol.

Reactions: bigboxes

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I would trust a lightning powered meta over raidmax any day. I would trust a direct lightning strike more than raidmax lol.
Newegg has been putting this particular unit "on sale" for many weeks now (from the same 3rd seller listed in the OP). I actually saw it then, and looked at it a bit since I was shocked to see a 1200w unit for such a low price in today's market. It only comes with a 2 year warranty, so you can probably guess its overall build quality based on such a short warranty.

I'd love see a review on this PSU series and see what's under the hood. But so few sites review PSUs anymore, and I'm positive that Raidmax isn't sending any of these out for reviews. ;)