[OOS] Fallout 3 PC - $30 + S&H

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Good deal but I just couldn't get into this game. Didn't really know what the hell was going on or what to do... too open ended...

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
Originally posted by: zoiks
Reviews on that game are mixed.

They've mostly been mixed between very good and great.

I'd argue the lower reviews come in from people who:
a) Expect an FPS game
b) Expect a 'pure' fallout experience
c) Never cared for Oblivion, either.

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Insomniator
Good deal but I just couldn't get into this game. Didn't really know what the hell was going on or what to do... too open ended...

The open ended aspect of it is what I loved. You can do your quests how you want.

anthcla81

Dec 31, 2004
Originally posted by: slpaulson

The open ended aspect of it is what I loved. You can do your quests how you want.

Thats the same reason I've only played this game a short period of time. Yeah its open ended, and great that you don't have to do any specific thing, but I wish it gave you alittle more structure as to what you're supposed to do. I got through the first few quests but felt like I was just running around aimlessly. Still is a fun game though, I'll probably get back to it at some point

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: anthcla81
Originally posted by: slpaulson

Thats the same reason I've only played this game a short period of time. Yeah its open ended, and great that you don't have to do any specific thing, but I wish it gave you alittle more structure as to what you're supposed to do. I got through the first few quests but felt like I was just running around aimlessly. Still is a fun game though, I'll probably get back to it at some point

My sentiments exactly. Sorry to derail the thread, but it is imo a VERY love-it-or-hate-it kind of game.

AndeeG

Oct 18, 2006
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
Originally posted by: zoiks
Reviews on that game are mixed.

They've mostly been mixed between very good and great.

What he said! I ended up liking fallout more than oblivion as it offered a similarly open-ended RPG experience with more satisfying combat and a less infuriating leveling system.