Oops! Biden's turn in the Classified Documents barrel.

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I bet if they checked Abe Lincoln's log cabin they'd find classified documents. I still believe the way "we" perceive classified documents and the way "Presidents" perceive classified documents is like the difference between night and day.

And lets face it, those documents are most likely boring, time consuming to read, and 99% not that important. So it makes sense that any president might bring them somewhere quiet and comfortable to read at their leisure.
We gotta say focused because what Biden and Pence did is totally different from what Donald Trump did and is still doing. To claim the documents ARE HIS TO TAKE.
Are you listening Hannity????

Reactions: Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think these kinds of mistakes are easily avoidable, actually. It's sloppy, but it's also a product of the common circumstance that a POTUS or VP is extremely busy and may not pay any attention to what becomes of working copies that they take home or to a personal office. I don't know if they take a staffer with them if they mean to work at home. Either way, this is not an unsolvable problem.
I think the fact that this happens so frequently despite a dedicated apparatus to prevent it shows that’s not accurate.

I do not think it can or even should be solved with the classification system in its current state as it would be far too cumbersome and expensive to do. The way to solve it is to limit classification to the truly important shit and then work twice as hard on that - say for instance abolishing the ‘confidential’ classification. I’m not sure if you’ve seen documents marked confidential but if you haven’t you would be shocked at the piddling shit that is in some of them.

A very likely answer for both Biden and Pence is that one of the aides tasked with exactly what you suggest (cleaning up classified info after a meeting or whatever) screwed up and documents got intermingled. Once that happens it is extremely easy to lose track of them and then they can go anywhere.

Pence famously went overboard with his staff on classified info handling after Her Emails and he couldn’t prevent it either.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Okay that Faux clip brings up, did the lawyers searching have proper clearance. Umm the FBI agents who searched Mar A Lago didn’t have the necessary security clearance. But not like they can’t touch the documents. They’re ordered to only find, not review the documents. That’s why they took the entire box when they discovered a classified document. And just like Biden’s lawyers. Found classified document and placed it back where they found it and stopped searching and contacted DOJ.

Still can’t wait for that fingerprint analysis of the Mar A Lago documents. Let’s see how many people handled the outside folder and the actual classified pages.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
I bet if they checked Abe Lincoln's log cabin they'd find classified documents. I still believe the way "we" perceive classified documents and the way "Presidents" perceive classified documents is like the difference between night and day.

And lets face it, those documents are most likely boring, time consuming to read, and 99% not that important. So it makes sense that any president might bring them somewhere quiet and comfortable to read at their leisure.
We gotta say focused because what Biden and Pence did is totally different from what Donald Trump did and is still doing. To claim the documents ARE HIS TO TAKE.
Are you listening Hannity????
All the more reason to serve search warrants on Bush and Obama.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
All the more reason to serve search warrants on Bush and Obama.
why not add clinton and carter into the mix too? perhaps just make it a law that a president's residence and any offices must be searched by the FBI after the presidential term is concluded?

who gives a shit about the 4th amendment?

Jul 9, 2009
Because it is the law.

Seriously. Did you get your GED?

It is like one simple line what’s so hard about that? And the law has been posted several times in this thread.
He removed the documents when he was in the Senate. He knew he was doing it and knew it was illegal. I'd like to know what the documents concerned........Ukraine? communist China? ........... i'm still waiting on the information that the Biden administration has been covering up since at least Nov. 2nd 2022.

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why would that be? You seem to be saying that since everyone does it that the authorities would have probable cause. Maybe you were just exaggerating though in your attempt to cover for poopy pants Joe.
That would not be probable cause. I believe it is true but fskimospy’s personal beliefs are (totally shockingly) not sufficient to meet the standard for a search warrant.

That being said if our standards were as stupid as you say then I can SWAT you endlessly, lol. Every day is a new ‘fskimospy thinks taj has ten kilos of heroin in his closet’ day.

Do you think these things through? I know you’re just old man ranting but there has to be some way you can do that while looking less dumb. People like you just help the democrats because you make republicans look insane.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Poopy pants Joe? Are they bringing you enough pudding cups at the home?
So few of the most common "rips" on Joe are even based in reality or anything that ever happened. It's childhood mentality with childhood fantasies and insults. It's the best they can come up with because unlike TFG, Joe isn't a twitterclown holding fan rallies throughout his presidency to keep boosting his oh-so-fragile ego. He's actually doing the job of his elected position.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm trying to remember how many times Biden has publicly moaned about being treated unfairly by the feds, by the DOJ, and by the public for, uh, well anything really.

I'm at a loss here.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Because it is the law.

Seriously. Did you get your GED?

It is like one simple line what’s so hard about that? And the law has been posted several times in this thread.

the problem for Taj is that he probably knows this and he knows that Trump repeatedly admitted intent, again and again and again, quite publicly; so it is bad for Taj to acknowledge the actual law because he knows that it is very bad for Trump and not at all a problem for Biden.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He removed the documents when he was in the Senate. He knew he was doing it and knew it was illegal. I'd like to know what the documents concerned........Ukraine? communist China? ........... i'm still waiting on the information that the Biden administration has been covering up since at least Nov. 2nd 2022.

as to the bolded: how do you know this? How do you know how the documents got there?

Oh right, you don't know shit. You're a fucking disease.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Pence found classified documents at his residence and just gave them back.

He'd actually said he knew there was no classified documents in his possession in the past. But he had a lawyer go search to be sure and they found like 10. Which they promptly returned.

Last edited: