Oops! Biden's turn in the Classified Documents barrel.

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, obviously that "tiered system" isn't working or I don't understand it correctly. It is more that there is no system of control. Some politician in a SCIF gets handed a piece of paper, folds it up and puts it in a coat pocket and leaves with it. Who stops them and frisks them? And would they consent to this? I seem to recall a fuss being made by specific Congresspersons having to go through metal detectors at the Capitol. I suspect there are numerous politicians from any and all sides of the ideological spectrum who absolutely would not consent to a pat-down anytime they are around papers that have classified data on them.

I would imagine there are a few people out there who are checking their homes, cars and garages shoveling documents into their fireplaces right now rather than facing accountability. Is this a good thing? Or would it be better to know who has access to things they shouldn’t have any more? Because as it stands, we know that papers will follow people home no matter what and a certain dipshit with malign intentions can load up fifteen - twenty banker boxes of CD and refuse to give them back.
Simple question, why is there no record of who has these documents kept somewhere, accounting of items that are supposed to be in their classified safe? There was when I had access to them. Oh, yea, I'm was just a grunt.

Reactions: Pohemi

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Simple question, why is there no record of who has these documents kept somewhere, accounting of items that are supposed to be in their classified safe? There was when I had access to them. Oh, yea, I'm was just a grunt.
Well, you did just answer your own question. I, too, had all sorts of hoops to maintain spinning and simultaneously to jump thru when I dealt with classified material, but when if you've ever noticed, the higher in the classified foodchain you get, the less care seems to be put on the classified material. Certainly not from the highest placed people with access, like a Pres. or VP.

Also, no clue as to the classification of the materials found in Biden's or Pence's abodes. Confidential status is still classified, but confidential info has broken/appeared in newspapers with little-to-no consequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Also, no clue as to the classification of the materials found in Biden's or Pence's abodes. Confidential status is still classified, but confidential info has broken/appeared in newspapers with little-to-no consequence.
Inside source says Pence stuff just like Biden and it was briefing material preparing VP for meeting. A lot of this info is generally only relevant at that time and the info is very likely stale after all these years. Biden’s was found in a manilla envelope. While Pence, his was stuffed in the flap in binders.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

ASK THE COMMUNITY