Oops! Biden's turn in the Classified Documents barrel.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
:rolleyes:
all you got is, and I paraphrase "hey my boy confessed to crimes so it's not a crime." lol bullshit. your boy now has a special council crawling up his shit. Biden committed a felony just admit it. he had those classified docs for 6 fucking years.

If you can't argue on the same foundation of known facts that the adults are arguing on, then you don't get to join our reindeer games, you fucking simp tool. Respect is earned. You don't just get it because you cry about not getting it.

Stop being a fucking idiot dillhole and people will eventually treat you like the adult that you pretend to be.

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Agreed, but we shouldn’t play into the #bothsides thing. Trump clearly broke the law. There is as of now zero evidence that Biden broke the law. Until there is the default stance should be that Trump is prosecuted and Biden not.

At least if people want to enforce the law equally and fairly, which is an open question I guess.
#Bothsides is a classification without a distinction. The idea that ones political affiliation carry's a superior moral standing is an absurd construct designed to create a separation where none exists.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
:rolleyes:
all you got is, and I paraphrase "hey my boy confessed to crimes so it's not a crime." lol bullshit. your boy now has a special council crawling up his shit. Biden committed a felony just admit it. he had those classified docs for 6 fucking years.
Did I miss something? Somehow classified documents that Biden had access to were removed 6 years

Let's talk about each special counsel. This is a joke trying to compare Trump and Biden's handling of classified documents. It started when Biden removed Trump's executive privilege which cleared the way for this to become a criminal case which it wasn't before. Biden has no defense on the removal, retention, and hiding documents for 6 years in various unsecured locations. Trump can declassify any document at anytime and can retain documents from his administration. Trump had the documents secured in a manner approved by the archives and the FBI and Biden had his readily available for the Chinese.
Yep:
BH39xIX.jpeg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
#Bothsides is a classification without a distinction. The idea that ones political affiliation carry's a superior moral standing is an absurd construct designed to create a separation where none exists.
I agree, but I haven’t seen a single person make that argument.

We should all be comfortable saying that given the available evidence Trump most likely committed a crime and Biden did not. We should be comfortable saying that because it’s true. What I’ve seen instead though is a bunch of people trying to #bothsides this.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
It was said that lawyers discovered the classified documents that were at the Biden/Penn Center and at his residence/garage. Are these said lawyers provided by the US govt or are these lawyers paid by Biden himself ?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
:rolleyes: oh give me a break. willful intent? you have no clue if Biden had willful intent he kept classified in unsecured locations since he was VP. keep grasping sucker, oh and why do you get away with personal flames? totally against the rules that are on the very top of this forum? do they not apply to you?

"PERSONAL FLAMES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."
"Give me a break" when I'm quoting the LAW?? We know Trump had willful intent because he said so in the open. The special counsel will determine if it's the same for Biden.

That's why you people were cool with the attempted coup attempt on Jan 6. You are fine with crime as long as the perps look like you. The only time you are outraged with crime is when a young black male steals a pair of Air Jordans.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did I miss something? Somehow classified documents that Biden had access to were removed 6 years

Let's talk about each special counsel. This is a joke trying to compare Trump and Biden's handling of classified documents. It started when Biden removed Trump's executive privilege which cleared the way for this to become a criminal case which it wasn't before. Biden has no defense on the removal, retention, and hiding documents for 6 years in various unsecured locations. Trump can declassify any document at anytime and can retain documents from his administration. Trump had the documents secured in a manner approved by the archives and the FBI and Biden had his readily available for the Chinese.

Trump's clearance had nothing to do with the violation of law if you bothered to read it. Several people have posted links to the law. I refer you back to the law which says "willful intent" is required.

Trump's clearence being revoked has nothing to do with it. Example even if he retained clearance, he couldn't take the resolute desk with him. It belongs to the American people just like classified documents. If Trump wanted some documents the request is handled through the National Archives. We have that system in place.

Biden did not hide documents. When his lawyers found them, he immediately turned them over. If the FBI asked for these documents and Biden said "I don't have them", that would not only be hiding them but obstructing justice.

Reactions: Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I agree, but I haven’t seen a single person make that argument.

We should all be comfortable saying that given the available evidence Trump most likely committed a crime and Biden did not. We should be comfortable saying that because it’s true. What I’ve seen instead though is a bunch of people trying to #bothsides this.
I don't see how you make make that statement in good faith. Do we know what was in any of the classified documents? Content matters. If were talking about itineraries from last month, it's worthless information. If it's names and addresses of every information source across the globe, someone needs to hang.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't see how you make make that statement in good faith. Do we know what was in any of the classified documents? Content matters.
I can make that statement easily by looking at the relevant statute. We don't know what was in any of them but from a legal perspective it doesn't matter. From all available evidence Biden didn't break the law while it looks HIGHLY likely Trump did. The main reason for this is there's no evidence Biden knew these documents were there and there's no evidence he intentionally put them there. With Trump we know he knew they were there, and we know he deliberately did not return them as per his own statements.

If were talking about itineraries from last month, it's worthless information. If it's names and addresses of every information source across the globe, someone needs to hang.
I agree from a governance and political perspective the contents matter but from a legal perspective it doesn't.

EDIT: in the case of Trump it doesn't even matter that the documents were classified although we do know that the documents Trump was hiding contained extremely sensitive information.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I don't see how you make make that statement in good faith. Do we know what was in any of the classified documents? Content matters. If were talking about itineraries from last month, it's worthless information. If it's names and addresses of every information source across the globe, someone needs to hang.
They were apparently summarized briefings to prepare Biden for meetings with his counterparts from other countries. Yes probably contained sensitive information but far from classified info that someone needs to be hanged

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I thought we were focused on Trump's obstruction on returning the documents.
But last two pages seem entirely fixated on comparing the two men just being in possession of them.
That's a misdirection with an epic fail at the end.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I thought we were focused on Trump's obstruction on returning the documents.
But last two pages seem entirely fixated on comparing the two men just being in possession of them.
That's a misdirection with an epic fail at the end.
Thats not what this thread is about. Its about Biden. The Trump issue is a misdirection.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Thats not what this thread is about. Its about Biden. The Trump issue is a misdirection.
No, if not for Trump's looming indictment this thread wouldn't exist at all because nobody would care. I mean how many times a year does something like this happen and how often do you hear about it?

There is misdirection here though in that people are trying to equate Trump's criminal activity with Biden's non-criminal activity.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
No, if not for Trump's looming indictment this thread wouldn't exist at all because nobody would care. I mean how many times a year does something like this happen and how often do you hear about it?

There is misdirection here though in that people are trying to equate Trump's criminal activity with Biden's non-criminal activity.

Although I agree with the bolded, it IS a big deal. I dont give a fuck if it was locked up with a Corvette. It shouldnt have been there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Although I agree with the bolded, it IS a big deal. I dont give a fuck if it was locked up with a Corvette. It shouldnt have been there.
While we don't know the contents of the documents so we can't really know if it's a big deal or not (lots of stuff is classified that shouldn't be) I definitely agree that mishandling classified documents is bad and an investigation into how it happened is warranted.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
While we don't know the contents of the documents so we can't really know if it's a big deal or not (lots of stuff is classified that shouldn't be) I definitely agree that mishandling classified documents is bad and an investigation into how it happened is warranted.
Holy fuck we agree.