Only in the US are people SO afraid of the human body

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
This got me going WTF:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/barbara-lafleur-naked-shopping-spree_n_1528135.html

Not that she was naked, who cares...but this!:

Lafleur was released pending a future court appearance. If convicted on a misdemeanor charge, she could face a fine and a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail.

Why are you so scared of the human body?
To much relidiocracy?

Even Wiki shows the difference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indecent_exposure#Europe

In Scandinavia, people generally have a relaxed attitude towards nudity, and genitals and nipples are usually not considered indecent or obscene. Hence laws and societal views on public nudity are generally relaxed.
Compare that to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indecent_exposure_in_the_United_States

I find it scary...that the most natural thing for a human ...our body...is SO scary for people in the US.

And don't give me any crap about morals...we have morals in Scandinavian too (despite being majority none-religious...religion != morals!)...we just don't suffer the delussion that nudity leads to anarchy...or demoralizes the soceity.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Doesn't Denmark have an official State religion? Don't you guys have a King or a Queen? Thanks for the lecture though.

nCred

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2003
WTF are you talking about? Walking around naked in public spaces is illegal in Sweden too. Of course I don't know what laws you degenerates in Denmark have :p

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
It's our puritanical ancestors. For whatever reason their views haven't died off in ~370 years. I make no apologies for my fellow citizens however. Their views are not mine, thank goodness.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Doesn't Denmark have an official State religion? Don't you guys have a King or a Queen? Thanks for the lecture though.

The "statereligion" is an old relic...on the way out.
Just today Norway voted to remove "christianity" as a state religion.
162 for
3 against.

Same thing will happen here...once they decide how many charches are neede to preserve historical legacy.

The Queen is a "puppet-for-show".
It's PR, no real power...but everytime they go anywhere...suits floolow and broker buisnessdeals.

The lastest estiatmate show and expenditure at 342 mil DKK.
The PR value alone is rated at 80 bil DKK
Tehn add the beals on top of that...it would be insane to abolish that.

But you didn't answer many of my questions...you just tried with red herrings...wanna play again?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
It seems like you have an issue with religion here, and religion has nothing to do with people's attitudes towards nakedness.

If you take 100 religious people and 100 non religious people over here and ask them why this person was arrested. Chances are 9 out of 10 answers will likely be: "There is a time and place for nakedness and going shopping at wal-mart is not the time and place."

Add in the fact that 40% of our population is obese. Add in the fact that alot of Americans are germ-a-phobes, and who knows where this person was sitting, or scratching. Or if they were bleeding (woman's time of the month), had a string coming out of that hole, and when you add in the fact that this gal probably had a mob of idiots chasing her around the store to get a picture for the news. It all ends up being a disgusting thought and can easily be summed up as "Disorderly conduct."

Thanks for trying though, and religion not found.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
WTF are you talking about? Walking around naked in public spaces is illegal in Sweden too. Of course I don't know what laws you degenerates in Denmark have :p

Really?
Could you find me that law?

As I live in Malmö right now (cheaper DKK -> SEK exchange rates)

It's our puritanical ancestors. For whatever reason their views haven't died off in ~370 years. I make no apologies for my fellow citizens however. Their views are not mine, thank goodness.

I feel with you...it's like a timebubble...that is stuck IMHO.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
It seems like you have an issue with religion here, and religion has nothing to do with people's attitudes towards nakedness.

If you take 100 religious people and 100 non religious people over here and ask them why this person was arrested. Chances are 9 out of 10 answers will likely be: "There is a time and place for nakedness and going shopping at wal-mart is not the time and place."

Add in the fact that 40% of our population is obese. Add in the fact that alot of Americans are germ-a-phobes, and who knows where this person was sitting, or scratching. Or if they were bleeding (woman's time of the month), had a string coming out of that hole, and when you add in the fact that this gal probably had a mob of idiots chasing her around the store to get a picture for the news. It all ends up being a disgusting thought and can easily be summed up as "Disorderly conduct."

Thanks for trying though, and religion not found.

Nice fail...as it IS religion that villifies the naked body...because it is also involed in something that has more power over people than their superstition...sex.

As several preachers from the US have shown when chaught with cock in mouth...so to say.
And not their own ;)

And if you are in denail still, answer me this:

What did the relgion-dealers do to naked tribesmens, when they strated destroying their native culture and livingways?

You try and run away from that...without lying ;)

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Nice fail...as it IS religion that villifies the naked body...because it is also involed in something that has more power over people than their superstition...sex.

As several preachers from the US have shown when chaught with cock in mouth...so to say.
And not their own ;)

And if you are in denail still, answer me this:

What did the relgion-dealers do to naked tribesmens, when they strated destroying their native culture and livingways?

You try and run away from that...without lying ;)

Sounds like to me that you just want to make this an anti religious thread, and I'm not going to participate with your attempts. If you want to talk about a naked body then lets do it, but sounds like you don't want to actually go there...

Also, if it makes you feel better, religion is dying over here in the states, so when you tuck yourself in for bed at night, let that be a nice warm blanket to wrap yourself up with, and you can go to bed with a smile this night. Then stop posting, and allow the rest of us to smile as well.

Last edited:

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Get over it dude. Denmark is far from perfect. There are a lot of worse things to criticize about the US than our desire to keep our now bulging bodies covered.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I think most of the world has the position of the US here, even if it may be the wrong position.

And don't give me any crap about morals...we have morals in Scandinavian too (despite being majority none-religious...religion != morals!)...we just don't suffer the delussion that nudity leads to anarchy...or demoralizes the soceity.

In Scandinavia it may not demoralize society, but the opposite. However, I think that much of Scandinavia's attitudes are based upon racial supremacy. The white body (and only the white) is considered by many there to be pure and powerful, and thus should not be covered.

I don't think they're a good model to go off of.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Sounds like to me that you just want to make this an anti religious thread, and I'm not going to participate with your attempts. If you want to talk about a naked body then lets do it, but sounds like you don't want to actually go there...

Also, if it makes you feel better, religion is dying over here in the states, so when you tuck yourself in for bed at night, let that be a nice warm blanket to wrap yourself up with, and you can go to bed with a smile this night. Then stop posting, and allow the rest of us to smile as well.

So no answer...gotcha ;)

BTW, I like your version of "christianity", it goes really well with this:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_teachings_of_jesus/on_anger_and_insults/mt05_21a.html

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_teachings_of_jesus/on_forgiveness/lk06_37a.html

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_teachings_of_jesus/on_hypocrisy/mt07_03.html

Always make me laughs when own goals are made ;)

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Nice fail...as it IS religion that villifies the naked body...

So in a place like China everyone would be perfectly fine with that person walking around naked in stores or a mall? Yeah, sure.

There is no problem with nudity itself (except among puritan nutcases), but there is a time and a place for it. In the middle of a public place like a store is not an appropriate place for it.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
So in a place like China everyone would be perfectly fine with that person walking around naked in stores or a mall? Yeah, sure.

There is no problem with nudity itself (except among puritan nutcases), but there is a time and a place for it. In the middle of a public place like a store is not an appropriate place for it.

Why not?
It's a human body.
We all have one.
What are you afraid of?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Why not?
It's a human body.
We all have one.
What are you afraid of?

Yes, we all have a human body, and we all engage in all sorts of activities that others may not want to see. Thus, we create laws to regulate what is acceptable in public. It has nothing to do with fear.

Is the only possible reason for allowing or not allowing something somewhere "fear"? What kind of idiocy is that?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Why not?
It's a human body.
We all have one.
What are you afraid of?

I am afraid I will lose my lunch if I accidently see your body naked. I can only be subjected to a certain level of gross-ness before I lose that lunch.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This gives a new meaning to no shirt, no shoes, no service. Do we have to put up a sign that says no panties no service?

Must we promote naked shopping? Somehow I think the cops would respond faster to a naked man in public.

I just think walking around nude is asking for trouble. At least put on some underware or something to keep from freaking people out.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
"Naked woman goes to lumber store to find wood, makes perfect sense to me!" One of the comments in the OP's link.

nCred

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2003
I only read this as having to do with the consumption of alcohol?
The swedes I know have no issies with nudity.
No it said that just consuming alcohol publicly is not considered "förargelseväckande beteende", you have to make loud noises or be generally annoying too. A person running around naked in public spaces would be considered förargelseväckande beteende unless they had a very good reason for doing it I guess.

Edit: It's the swedish version of disorderly conduct.

Last edited: