Only in Florida, Senator proposes bill giving state “emergency jurisdiction” over custody of kids with trans parents.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Of course, people will defend this because DeSantis country. Big government just takes your kids. I don't get shocked anymore just say, "yet again?"

I think I finally agree with MTG on something. Let the red states go on their own. Bugs Bunny had it right.
tenor.gif

Senator proposes bill giving state “emergency jurisdiction” over custody of kids with trans parents (yahoo.com)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
like CEO's firing employees, once one FL legislator proposes a crazy ass bill the rest follow suit.

what i'd like to know is where the F are the feds calling out this bullshit? i don't care if it's "just a proposal" and solely performative. conservative dipshits need to know the feds will be there day 1 to stop it.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
like CEO's firing employees, once one FL legislator proposes a crazy ass bill the rest follow suit.

what i'd like to know is where the F are the feds calling out this bullshit? i don't care if it's "just a proposal" and solely performative. conservative dipshits need to know the feds will be there day 1 to stop it.
If the federal government makes a big deal of it before it is even passed they just end up amplifying the message. Right now it is barely even noticed by most people, have Biden call it out and every news will lead with it as a story.

Reactions: nakedfrog

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
The Florida legislative season starts soon (today or tomorrow?). With the GOP controlled legislature...they could pass virtually anything they want.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I actually think its perfect.. even more reason for people with any brain to move out of red states.