Online Sports Games(Football especially)

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
What are the good online sports games? From 2 standpoints:
1. The absolute best, detailed gameplay for head to head
2. Do any of the games allow you to organize tournaments or season play with others? I don't mean official tournaments run by the game company for world rankings, I mean, say a football game that lets you have up to 32 friends play a season, people log in and play each other and you have up to 1 week to get it done before the next week of play starts, or even if doesn't let you play a "season", you can get X number of friends together for a minitournament.

And why are there :
1. Hardly any football games on steam
2. Nor are there any football games on EA Origin at the moment?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
There hasn't been a Madden game on the PC for like the last 5 years now I think?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
There hasn't been a Madden game on the PC for like the last 5 years now I think?

WTF? I didn't know that, how are you supposed to play football games on PC? I do have Madden 08 for PC, I assumed they were just waiting for the upcoming season(ha ha) to release a new one.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Nope, EA stopped putting out all their sports games on the PC besides Fifa.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I keep patiently hoping that some developer out there makes a customizable/moddable football game that allows you have custom rules, teams, leagues, fields, etc for the PC

That way you don't have to abide by bullshit agreements between NFL and EA who have no intention to publish the game on PC anymore.

Nope, EA stopped putting out all their sports games on the PC besides Fifa.

Yea, the sports scene in general is pretty abysmal on the PC. 2Ksports still puts out their NBA and MLB games on PC, and NHL and NFL are not represented at all it appears.

Last edited: