Online rants, anti-government radicals fuel fear of U.S. cop killings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I sure wish I knew where all these bad police are as I sure haven't run across any in my 56 years of life. I've never been hassled or harassed by any. In fact I've been given more breaks than tickets by a margin of 10 to 3. I even had a police officer request that a judge reduce a DUI to a reckless driving charge. Another pointed me in the direction of having my speedometer calibrated which resulted in the speeding ticket being dropped.

I just have to wonder how many in here have actually been hassled or harassed by the police and if they have, did they bring it upon themselves due to their attitude.

I can live with a bad cop or two, its the nature of the world to have a few assholes in every group. The problem is that the good cops protect and defend the bad cops up to and including flat out murder. I personally have not been murdered, my wife hasn't been murdered, hell no one I know has been murdered. Is it safe to make the assumption that murder is not a problem at all in my area, state, country?

Of course it isn't, I haven't had a bad encounter with police either because I am a law abiding person. I have seen, heard and read about cops completely fucking over other law abiding people though and am smart enough to realize that one day that could be me. I'd like to stop it before then but you are obviously free to wait until it takes a personal toll on your life before you give a fuck.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Just the latest, today:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/..._a_sidewalk_memorial_honors_a_cop_killer.html

As Jersey City mourns a police officer, others grieve for a cop killer.

On Orient Avenue, just around the block from Lucky #3 Mini-Mart on Martin Luther King Drive, sits a memorial to Lawrence Campbell, the man who fatally shot Officer Melvin Santiago early Sunday morning.

15404422-large.jpg

About two dozen candles and an assortment of empty liquor bottles – including two bottles of Petrón tequila – sit on the sidewalk. Above them, two white t-shirts fixed to the red brick wall feature messages to Campbell scrawled with black markers.

"Thug In Peace."

"Live Life My Bro."

"SEE U ON THE OTHER SIDE. LUV - DRAMA."

Wait, are you sure it was Petron???? Shit just got real dawg...

In all seriousness, if my friend did something stupid and got dead for it (like drunk driving or any damn thing) I would still mourn their death. I might think they deserved it but I'd still be sad that they died but thats just me...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Cop Killers are almost always brought to Justice. Killer Cops are all too often protected from Justice.

If there was balance in the consequences, there would be far less criticism of Cops. So, the ball is in the Cops Court.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I think I found the only cop in the world that would actually give a ticket for stopping at a stop sign, just a a couple bumper lengths passed the pole, a true douchebag.