online pc hardware stores

scotoma

Mar 31, 2003
Hey all,

I am going to start buying my hardware and I need to know if anyone has any ideas about where to buy. I have been looking at Newegg, Mwave, and Googlegear. Does anyone else have any recommendations? It is surprising to see the significant differences in prices for hardware between these three stores! Thanks

On a side note, what would you go with,Corsair DDR400 XMS Low Latency or Corsair DDR433?

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
those are good stores, but your best bet is to keep an eye out in the Hot Deals section here, or visit techbargains with some frequency. There are lots of great deals to be found.

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
Price Watch - Good place to check for lowest prices on computer hardware.

Reseller Ratings - Use these guys to check on how reliable/legit various online retailers are. Consider this to be the end-all be-all answer to many retailers who might like to defraud you.

techfuzz

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
All three of the stores are good.

NewEgg has the best customer service.
Googlegear has good prices but I've heard some member complaining about their return policy, etc.
MWave, I haven't heard anything bad about them.

jspeicher

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2003
i've heard great things about newegg, and they do have some good deals which are posted.

I just ordered my Athlon XP 1700+ TBrd and 512MB DDR RAM with free shipping from them today.

EeyoreX

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
In adition to the stores you listed (though I have only purchased at Newegg) I also like Directron. I found they have reasonable prices and great customer service and some very cool services (ie. custom paint cases, monitors, etc)

\Dan