Online Overclocking Database Launched!

videomasterz

Dec 18, 2006
Today June 18, we are launching a very complete and comprehensive Overclocking database we think on the planet so far, We already have over 600 entries taken from the "The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database" found here on HardForum link removed[/Lhttp://[/L] , and have expanded the database to take AMD and Corei7 overclocks as well.

As some of you may know mentok1982 started this in July of 2006, and I took over on December 2006, and since 2006 have kept doing the Intel Core2Duo database for 2 and a half years BY HAND! Now with the help and webmastering of "gose", we have made the Overclocking database a Live online database.

Some new features for this online database compared to the old database include temps for idle and load, longer entry fields for what type of cooling your running, you can sort each column with ease, you can even see a % of overclock you have, with each entry you click you can see picures of the members validation screenshot and even a pic of their system itself. The "Keyword Filter" is a new and easy way to search for anything among the 600+ current entires, like who is using the same cooler as you and so on. A nice new and improved stats page, for example which brand of cooler or even motherboard is the masses using the most. Best of all if your new you can create your own account, make a submission with a validation screenshot of prime95 4+ hours stability, post your overclocking entry, and even edit it if you get new gear, or even add anohter entry for another system.

NOTE* If you're a current database participant already, and you see your username in the database, PM meXyour email address and I'll link the two together so you can edit your past entries.

You may also click "Feedback" and leave us some comments on what you would like to see added.

All this being said I will no longer update the image database on HardForum please head over to our online database, to submit and edit your entry.

We are proud to annouce our new online database located at its new home! :D

Sorry, this is not allowed, as said below. Please follow forum rules. I did not lock this, as you appear to be compying now, but I removed all the links.

Markfw900
Anandtech Moderator

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
I know OC-ers prefer Intel, but: (taken from stats on their site)
Top CPU Brands
Brand Count
Intel 552
AMD 1

:confused:

Zensal

Jan 18, 2005
Initial data was taken from a Core 2 Duo overclocking thread on HardForums. No AMD there.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I'm just wonderin' ....

Why would folks at AT post in your database when they could easily start their own ?

videomasterz

Dec 18, 2006
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
I'm just wonderin' ....

Why would folks at AT post in your database when they could easily start their own ?

because this current database is 3+ years worth of members of hardforum overclocking results, everything from the speed, model, ram, ram speed, latency, bios number, week batch and so on is all there. The more overclocking entries we get from AMD or Intel I7 users the better! it'll help those that are looking for that special chip to overclock with, or maybe to find out what coolers are used on certain motherboards. And no one is stopping anyone from making there own overclocking database, I have stumbled upon many databases already.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: videomasterz
Today June 18, we are launching a very complete and comprehensive Overclocking database we think on the planet so far, We already have over 600 entries taken from the "The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database" found here on HardForum link removed[/L , and have expanded the database to take AMD and Corei7 overclocks as well.

As some of you may know mentok1982 started this in July of 2006, and I took over on December 2006, and since 2006 have kept doing the Intel Core2Duo database for 2 and a half years BY HAND! Now with the help and webmastering of "gose", we have made the Overclocking database a Live online database.

Some new features for this online database compared to the old database include temps for idle and load, longer entry fields for what type of cooling your running, you can sort each column with ease, you can even see a % of overclock you have, with each entry you click you can see picures of the members validation screenshot and even a pic of their system itself. The "Keyword Filter" is a new and easy way to search for anything among the 600+ current entires, like who is using the same cooler as you and so on. A nice new and improved stats page, for example which brand of cooler or even motherboard is the masses using the most. Best of all if your new you can create your own account, make a submission with a validation screenshot of prime95 4+ hours stability, post your overclocking entry, and even edit it if you get new gear, or even add anohter entry for another system.

NOTE* If you're a current database participant already, and you see your username in the database, PM meXyour email address and I'll link the two together so you can edit your past entries.

You may also click "Feedback" and leave us some comments on what you would like to see added.

All this being said I will no longer update the image database on HardForum please head over to our online database, to submit and edit your entry.

www.cpuoverclockers.com

videomasterz you should know that this form self-promotion and advertising violates the AT forums TOS.

videomasterz

Dec 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Today June 18, we are launching a very complete and comprehensive Overclocking database we think on the planet so far, We already have over 600 entries taken from the "The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database" found here on HardForum ling removed[/L , and have expanded the database to take AMD and Corei7 overclocks as well.

www.cpuoverclockers.com

videomasterz you should know that this form self-promotion and advertising violates the AT forums TOS.

hey Idontcare,

oh my bad if it does violate the TOS for advertising... Just wanted to get the word out about the overclocking database website, I do believe it'll help alot of overclockers out there.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

hey Idontcare,

oh my bad if it does violate the TOS for advertising... Just wanted to get the word out about the overclocking database website, I do believe it'll help alot of overclockers out there.
[/quote]

I agree, trust me I'm not citing TOS to undermine the spirit of your message, am just letting you know this thread will get locked if/when mods see it...just FYI. But I agree the database idea is value-add and helpful.

In general, unless you go thru the formal channels to have your self-promotion efforts sanctioned, you simply need a 3rd-party forum member to create the thread for you with the link in the OP. After that is done then you are allowed to engage the thread as a contributing poster, etc.

It's done this way to minimize the volume of spam threads, as the "sponsoring" AT poster who is creating the thread for you is likely to vet the informations a little bit to ensure its not just another "cheap Nike's are here, order now!" type link.

If we didn't have this policy then your thread would just be yet another self-promotion thread drowning in a sea of other self-promotion threads in this forum and it wouldn't get any "air time" because nobody would be reading any of them.

At any rate, I'm not a mod or anything like that, you don't have to convince me. I like the database FWIW.

videomasterz

Dec 18, 2006
ohh ok I see what your saying, haha, thanks for letting me know man, I'll see if my friends have an account here :)