online bookmark backup sites

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I find it very inconvienant to save my favorites folder so I used to use coolsync.com to back up my bookmarks. now it has been acquired by blink.com and I absolutely hate it. what are some other good/stable favorites backup site?

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Favorites are just links, so they take up almost no disk space. Use a floppy, or just copy the folder.

(hmm, almost no space, maybe I should make a site to back up favorites...too bad I can't design sites)

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I have 1000+ bookmarks...and it takes forever to transfer to a floppy disk..it even takes forever to move the folder within the harddrive.

kduncan5

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
My GF uses Yahoo but I'll be d*mned if I can find the link, and she's in no mood to ask right now:Q -kd5-

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
DAMMIT!

look what yahoo said:

Unfortunately, your imported Bookmarks will exceed our limit for 1000 Bookmarks and folders. We can only import another 1000 total Bookmarks and folders. If you would like to continue importing anyway, check the box below. You should then repeat the importing instructions starting at "Click on the Browse... button". Otherwise, click the "Go Back to My Bookmarks" link below to cancel importing.

so I'm really in need of other bookmark backup sites.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
nero: why dont you make a page and upload it to geocities or xoom with all the links that you have? you can also have a file that you can dl from any computer and replace the favs from that computer to yours.

dam(voila)

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
yay, thanks for the tip.

for everyone else wondering what we're talking about, I used ms's favtool.exe (link at the yahoo link) which converts netscape bookmarks into IE favorites and vice versa. what it did was it took all of my IE favorites and made it into one huge .html file so I can upload that to a backup site like x-drive or driveway. then all I have to do is d/l the .html file and use favtool to convert it back into favorites.

thanks again, dam.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I use fusionone to sync all of my outlook info (contacts, calendar, to-do, e-mail, notes) between my home and work PCs. It also keeps all you info on a web-accessible server to use when you're at some other computer. You can also sync Palms/PocketPCs and many mobile phones.

It also does favorites. So let's say that I'm at work browsing and I add a favorite. By the time I get home, it will also be in the favorites menu of my home PC. And if I'm at a friend's house and need to pull down the favorite, I just log into the fusionone server and grab it from there.

It's a pretty cool service. Free also. You can upgrade to a better service thru them with more storage space, automatic syncs (a VERY valuable feature), more options, etc. It's expensive though.

Check it out though. I've used several different syncing programs in the last year or so and fusion one is by far my favorite--it will do anything you need.

l2c