Onkyo Powered SUBWOOFER SKW100 Refurb. $60 shipped FREE or $50 if you join club

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by jakehd, Mar 25, 2003.

1. jakehd

jakehd Member

150 Watt. (30 Hz-150 Hz) 8" cone

It's an OK sub for budget buyers and in need of a sub, but wont satisfy audiophiles out there. If any of you out there owning this one i'd like to hear your pro's and con's too.

$59 for this big heavy box w/ free shipping.

CC's selling a similar version for $200.

Check out other refurb'ed items too, very good prices. Also, register w/ them and you'll even save more (special prices for registered users).

http://www.shoponkyo.com/products.cfm?id=3
    (OR go to shoponkyo.com and select Refurbished items)

EVEN HOTTER!

Join their club (c) before you check out and earn 10 points, which are $10 off for your purchase. Register your Onkyo products and get points too....

So, the sub is basically less than $50 w/ 10 club points.

http://www.shoponkyo.com/profile_login.cfm

2. dragonlord2112

dragonlord2112 Senior member

wow. nice deal! The free shipping is what makes it really sweet. MUST RESIST.

3. DrPizza

DrPizza Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
    Administrator

I was looking to see if I could find that subwoofer for less at one of the authorized retailers for you (I'm waiting on a whole system that's on backorder; Onkyo's refurbed price is more than what I'm paying retail, so I thought I'd check and see if that was the case for this too for you)

People spend over $2000 for some brands of subwoofers?? WOW (found that while searching)

I didn't see it listed at two of the companies that I was doing business with.

4. Samus

Samus Golden Member

just ordered, couldn't resist, i've been looking for months for a <100 dollar powered sub with a good nameplate (ie, not klh, exc) since my kenwood receiver only has a 3v preout.

will let u guys know how it sounds.

5. Packy

Packy Platinum Member

I got a KLH from Costco a year or so back, and it's pretty good but not amazing... 100w 10". I wonder if this would outperform, since it's a much better name. TEMPTING...

6. ToxicMussels

ToxicMussels Senior member

Thanks to the AT Hot Deals Forum, I have spent most of my $$ from the Federal Savings Program(Income Tax Refund) already!
    This is just what I have been looking for.
    Thanks for the info!

7. dlaw

dlaw Golden Member

I will get one if I am not planning a big move in 9 months.

8. RandomCoil

RandomCoil Senior member

This was also mentioned over at the large-boned billfold site: link

The only truly important addition to the current conversation is that this could be $49 shipped if you join Club Onkyo first to get your 10 free Onkyo points. These will be applied just before you confirm your order to bring your total down from $59 to $49. My order's in for $49 shipped.

RC

9. royaldank

royaldank Diamond Member

I took a chance. I've wanted a sub for awhile, but just can't bring myself to pay a hundred or two for one. Hopefully this works decently enough. For $50, you aren't risking too much. $49 here after joining the club.

10. ElDiablo

ElDiablo Senior member

Perhaps I'm an idiot but I don't see it on that page. Is this deal dead??

D

11. clarkmo

clarkmo Platinum Member

All gone , oh well.

12. cowlick

cowlick Junior Member

13. cowlick

cowlick Junior Member

wow great deal. out of stock now. called in spoke with very nice lady and she told me about whole speaker package for club special price of $180.00 less the $10.00 for joining club. Wow $170.00 can't beat it with free shipping to boot. I went ahead and ordered. They even shipped the same day. I can't wait to receive them. I will be blasting the tunes. She was really great sweet attititude. This speaker package will be sweet what a deal!!! go to www.onkyousa.com and click on shop onkyo

14. wirejockey

wirejockey Member

"whole speaker package for club special price of $180.00 less the $10.00 for joining club"

Which speaker package?

15. globalempire

globalempire Senior member

ya i have this speaker package..i liked it beter than the Polks i first bought..took them back and got the SKS-HT500...sounds great...

16. ToxicMussels

ToxicMussels Senior member

Just got mine today!
    All I ever received from them was a backorder email. No mention of it being shipped before I got it today.
    Very nice and worth the price.
    It was refurbished as posted and all that was wrong was some of the vinyl had been scratched in 2 small places. They filled it in with a black sharpie.
    My model was just a *blem*. Works perfect.
    Thanks jakehd for the heads up!