One way signs explained

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: chcarnage
Originally posted by: Vegitto
This is in the Netherlands, it IS suitable for work. I love this system, it really shows the jackasses that think they own the road that they SHOULDN'T drive on a bus-only lane. Serves them right, if you ask me.

The first driver is especially stupid, first he turns around, half a minute later he is back. The other two are just reckless and keep too less distance, if the bus made an emergency braking the would rear bump them with no doubt.

//

Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
Yeah, I thought it might be a bus only lane. What's with "one way" in the topic title?

At the beginning you see two (European?) one way signs.
nope that sign means: entry forbidden - one way is usually a white arrow on blue ground

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Krazy4Real
i guess more people will start using motorcycles.

Imagine havin a bollard pop up underneath your motorcycle? :Q

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i love those things. good way to keep a pedestrian center and still allow delivery vehicles and buses in.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: chcarnage
Originally posted by: Vegitto
This is in the Netherlands, it IS suitable for work. I love this system, it really shows the jackasses that think they own the road that they SHOULDN'T drive on a bus-only lane. Serves them right, if you ask me.

The first driver is especially stupid, first he turns around, half a minute later he is back. The other two are just reckless and keep too less distance, if the bus made an emergency braking the would rear bump them with no doubt.

it looks like both knew those bars are there (well we know for sure the first driver knew...but the 2nd driver sped up) and thought they could get thru after the bus before the bars raised again. It served them right! Idiots!

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Ahhh, brings back memories of my 6 months in Utrecht, NL.

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Art Vandelay
Haha owned. Why did the driver and passengers of the black SUV run away?

The lady took her child (which certainly wasn't feeling perfectly after the accident). If he was not in a child-seat with seat belts, he might have been injured

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
I remember seeing these while in Cambridge. My hosts told me that the bollards were pretty unforgiving and "only idiots try to get past them." After hearing that, I wanted to see it happen sooooooo bad. :)