One thumb down for Frontiernet (DSL)

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Frontiernet is offering a 1yr $24.95/month promo. The deal is good, but customer service is pretty bad. I have a friend of mine who wanted me to install it for them. When I got to their house, I went through the installation process, only to find myself on the phone with tech support. Apparently, the dsl modem that they provided had issues and they were going to send someone to replace the modem that day (friday) or the next day. The tech came on sunday and installed it for them to make sure it works. He also tried to set up the email account through Outlook Express, where he couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, then left shortly.

I went over that night to find out if the tech came, to find out that he couldn't get it to work because he got the incoming mail server configured wrong. I fixed that pretty quickly, then set up the rest of the user accounts in that computer.

I was also supposed to install it at my church and the dsl hardware package was supposed to arrive last thursday. To date, it still hasn't arrived.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Time Warner offers Cable for teh same price as frontiernet in my area and it is far superior, faster also