One thing that PC users can do that Mac users can't...

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Wow, been years since I read anything from this guy. Not a bad rant. 7.5/10.

f4phantom2500

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2006
Read it earlier today (well, yesterday), good article, as always, although I did feel it was a bit short, especially considering how long it's been since his last update and that he's not working on his book anymore. Perhaps another update will soon follow? It's happened before, but I'm not holding my breath.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I use Quicktime Pro because I need it for school, but you don't HAVE to get iTunes when you download Quicktime. There's an option to not bundle it, which is what I did because iTunes is garbage (as is the iPod imo, but I know I'm alone on that one)

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: f4phantom2500
Read it earlier today (well, yesterday), good article, as always, although I did feel it was a bit short, especially considering how long it's been since his last update and that he's not working on his book anymore. Perhaps another update will soon follow? It's happened before, but I'm not holding my breath.

The number of updates every year has been rapidly decreasing.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Originally posted by: f4phantom2500

The number of updates every year has been rapidly decreasing.

YOUR MUM has been rapidly decreasing!

*ZING* ;):eek::D

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Maddox has lost his edge. It could be that Mac users are just such an easy target.

rikadik

Dec 30, 2004
Funny article, but I wish everyone would just STFU from either side of the PC vs Mac debate. As it says in the article, "it's a computer, not a social movement, asshole!" I swear it drives me insane. I cringe when I hear people going on about how much better Macs are, but get equally frustrated when some moron calls you an idiot for buying a MacBook because "Macs suck". I own both, and recognise one is better for some things and one is better for other things, but ultimately they are practically the same thing. The sad truth however, is that a big chunk of Mac users are naive and snobbish, and add stigma to buying a Mac, which is just stupid. I'm sure if Steve Jobs brought out a clothing range these people would just dress themselves in white outfits with a big Apple on the front. Oh well.

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
Originally posted by: EGGO
Originally posted by: chcarnage
Meh, 3/10. For the effort he put in the first picture.

*looks at sig*

;)

That was a funny article, but the only part that felt like it truly hit a mark is the part about the social movement thing. Like, who wants to buy a computer in order to join some collective society of users with the same type of computer? I want a computer that performs. And he's exactly right; the only people Macs perform for are artists. I would only get a Mac if I was trying to start recording my own music or getting into graphic design.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I wouldn't anymore. 5 or so years ago Macs were leaps and bounds ahead of PC's for any kind of graphic stuff, be it imaging or animation. Now, not so much...

TanisHalfElven

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
man thiw guys writes some good stuff.
rad his take on sony.

Sony would love nothing more than to see you and your family suffer. Sony is like that psycho-ex who you had a few good times with, but was too clingy and the sex got boring. Now it's over and Sony is still stewing about it by leaving you voice mail asking for another chance and promising it "can change."

Tough ****** Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way until you stop being a crabby old ******.