One of those holy guacamole news stories

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Just going to post a link here-not going to say too much about the subject except that there is now one place that out does Florida. Oh, and this isn't about Trump or anything he did/didn't do.

Title edited to remove profanity. No proganity, even the asterisked type, is allowed on these forums.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The best the US could do is to make the drug trade less lucrative by legalizing/decriminalizing drugs and shifting massively into treatment for the underlying reasons of drug abuse. We need to focus on harm reduction and removing the profit from the trade.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Truly astonishing that there are people who would deliberately execute more than three dozen people for unintentionally stealing their drug running school bus-which they got back with the bus and load unharmed.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Truly astonishing that there are people who would deliberately execute more than three dozen people for unintentionally stealing their drug running school bus-which they got back with the bus and load unharmed.
Umm, thats only astonishing if you havent been paying attention to the news for about 40 years or so.

Shit, in that time there have been about a hundred movies and TV shows repeatedly reminding you theres violent drug gangs all over Mexico and America.

So my question to you is: Were you in an internet-free zone since 2000?

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Umm, thats only astonishing if you havent been paying attention to the news for about 40 years or so.

Shit, in that time there have been about a hundred movies and TV shows repeatedly reminding you theres violent drug gangs all over Mexico and America.

So my question to you is: Were you in an internet-free zone since 2000?
I think the fact that they'd do that to student teachers who are protesting for a better country is particularly ruthless. Its different if its gangs doing stuff to gangs but the police could have just let the students go and returned the buses. But they tortured and killed people who had nothing to do with your drug trade in a fashion where killing them wouldn't have changed anything for the drug traders in the short or long run.

As to whether decriminalization in the US would shut down mexico's drug cartels, I'm not sure. I think the cartels already have too much power and money and even if drugs are no longer profitable will still hold a brutal grip on the country.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi
Nov 17, 2019
Old thread .....

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think the fact that they'd do that to student teachers who are protesting for a better country is particularly ruthless. Its different if its gangs doing stuff to gangs but the police could have just let the students go and returned the buses. But they tortured and killed people who had nothing to do with your drug trade in a fashion where killing them wouldn't have changed anything for the drug traders in the short or long run.

As to whether decriminalization in the US would shut down mexico's drug cartels, I'm not sure. I think the cartels already have too much power and money and even if drugs are no longer profitable will still hold a brutal grip on the country.
I don't know if it would shut down their cartels either. But we can at least stop being part of the problem.

Reactions: dank69

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001

Loose lips sink ships. No way were they ever going to let them go away unharmed. "Ohh yeah we were arrested for stealing a bus full of heroin but the cops let us go, wonder why we never heard about the police seizing 2 tons of heroin?!?"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Piss off organized crime over something they really care about you go missing. Remember...

The Columbian soccer player who accidently kicked the ball in their own goal causing the team to lose. The team sponsored by Pablo Escobar
The guy who accidently killed a kid who was riding a minibike. Kid was the son of John Gotti

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Wouldn't be this big of a problem if not for rampant police and government corruption in Mexico. Just saw a documentary which said that well over half of cartel profits go to payoffs of police and government officials. They are in partnership with the cartels down there.