One of the interesting things about taking a long drive....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Rush is so Full of Sh!t that a subconscious little part of his brain turned off his own hearing because it couldnt take listening to him anymore

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: smashp
Rush is so Full of Sh!t that a subconscious little part of his brain turned off his own hearing because it couldnt take listening to him anymore
:thumbsup:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: techs
I spent almost 5 hours on the road and in many places the only talk radio I could get was Rush Limbaugh.
And he said something interesting about the Republicans who were now supporting Obama. This was on the day former Republican governer of Massachusettes William Weld endorsed Obama.
I don't know where to get a free transcript of his show, so I will paraphrase:

"Good riddance. The myth of the Republican party 'big tent' is over. Its just a cover for abortionists. Now that they are out of the Republican party we should never let them back in. We need a new pure Republican party where everyone believes in the same things. The 'big tent' Republicans moved the party to the center and now that they have us here, they deserted us. Good riddance"

On Sarah Palin a caller asked if she would be the new head of the Republican party. Rush said he hopes she is but Palin has made it plain she won't have anything to do with a Republican party that allows any 'big tent' or moderate Republicans in it.

Rush:

"My friends, we need an ideologically pure Republican party that is so far conservative its unacceptable to anyone who has any idea that their wishy washy moderate viewpoints will have any influence"

The battle for the Repubican party begins.
And Field Marshal (or is it Marshall Fields?) Sarah Palin is in charge.

Begins? It has been going on for several years. Bush administrations vs conservative republicans. One of the reasons why some of Bush's more liberal policies were stymied in an all republican congress was becasue of this battle.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Genx87
I spent almost 5 hours on the road and in many places the only talk radio I could get was Rush Limbaugh.
And he said something interesting about the Republicans who were now supporting Obama. This was on the day former Republican governer of Massachusettes William Weld endorsed Obama.

"Good riddance. The myth of the Republican party 'big tent' is over. Its just a cover for abortionists. Now that they are out of the Republican party we should never let them back in. We need a new pure Republican party where everyone believes in the same things. The 'big tent' Republicans moved the party to the center and now that they have us here, they deserted us. Good riddance"

On Sarah Palin a caller asked if she would be the new head of the Republican party. Rush said he hopes she is but Palin has made it plain she won't have anything to do with a Republican party that allows any 'big tent' or moderate Republicans in it.

Rush:

"My friends, we need an ideologically pure Republican party that is so far conservative its unacceptable to anyone who has any idea that their wishy washy moderate viewpoints will have any influence"

Begins? It has been going on for several years. Bush administrations vs conservative republicans. One of the reasons why some of Bush's more liberal policies were stymied in an all republican congress was becasue of this battle.
For my edification, which ones?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: Butterbean
What Rush says is true. Libs keep saying "conservatism" is dead when the only thing dead has been the Republican commitment to it. Bush Sr brought Clinton to power when he kicked Conservatives to the curb with his "no new taxes" charade and the Ross Perot movement sucked off enough votes to let Bubba in White House. Bush Jr likewise was not a conservative on a great many things including the borders and the execution of the war. A reason his poll numbers are so low is that even many people who voted for him realize he has been terrible. These same people know McCain is a boob (still better than a Marxist weirdo though). The one good thing about BO and libs is that many of the people voting for them are not voting for who they really are but who they think they are because of media and feckless McCain campaign. The reality of what they have done is going to become apparent very quick. As Bush impaled the Republican party Obama would impale the Democrats - and the nation itself. People think they are voting for Joe Mild Ivy Leaguer with toothy grin and glib manner. When they realize he really is a cultural Marxist who is going to turn on the people by degrees the backlash will begin in earnest and its going to be bad. A new political center that actually reflects the real America is at hand. Of course I dont expect many in this forum to be able to see that. Republicans never carried more conservatives sorts (those in Dem party as well)- its been the other way around. Rush sees that will stop

There is a new political center that reflects the "real America"...that's why Democrats have taken the house and the senate and look poised to increase their leads in both places as well as capture the Presidency.

We'll see.

While I expect the P&N lefties to like whatever direction Obama takes us, I wouldn't be so sure that the "real America" will.

It's hapened before, and the 'real America" sure as heck wasn't happy with it.

Yeah, The Dem won in my district in '06, but he's a "Blue Dog", hardly a testament to left-ward lurch in America. More like a lurch looking for someone who is actually right/center instead of the BS we've seen lately.

Fern

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Butterbean

People of different races, sexes etc have been cut up into little factions that serve to cut their legs from under them even as they think they are getting a helping hand. The only thing that has kept people from being aware of the situation has been the money and creature comforts. Once things really break down certain realities are going to unite people back down to basics. Unfortunately its going to be very harsh. Bad things loom ahead. We know Israel will strike Iran soon and fuel prices are going to blow through the roof. Obama is going to cripple the economy and unleash political correct shackles and thuggery. God help us if Bird flu or something worse comes along in the middle of it and key services are hurt. Get out of the big cities if you live there.
You probably converted all your assets into precious metals, had a huge collection of survival gear, and held up in the wilds, armed to the teeth during Y2K eh? You are probably still in that cabin in Montana looking up everyones address ;)

I liked to kick the guys ass, the one that keeps finding the internet everywhere.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Does anyone still listen to that fucking loon?

Apparently most of the left-leaning posters here. If it weren't for them and their posts about him, I wouldn't know what he was up to.

Air America never had a chance, all this Libs are tuned into Rush-Bo

Fern

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Finishing the end of the transcript reminds me of why I despise Limbaugh and his moronic propaganda so much. After his long rant in favor of party and idological collectivism, of "good riddance" to everyone who doesn't think just like us and believe exactly the same things we do, and of wrapping up the entire party ideology around the pro-life position on the issue of abortion, he has the gall to finish up with flowery bullshit about conservatism being all about individual liberty and compassion (plus a straw man that liberalism only wants to welfare state).

I want to know, who the fuck is stupid enough to believe that kind of doublethink?

Butterbean, brencat and Duelon for three. What they don't realize is that the GOP that Rush describes is an unelectable GOP. The Republicans know they can't outlaw abortion because it would be political suicide. So they don't. And while folks like Butterbean suck down Rush's brand of American Talibanism, no one in their right mind would vote for a party like that.

Seriously, his entire bit there was that Republicans need to toe the collective ideological line or be cast out, good riddance, and yet he wants people to think that he's an individualist, and that this collectivist philosophy he's pushing is somehow an individualist philosophy? He tells the libertarians to get out and stay out and yet wants us to believe that conservatism is a philosophy of liberty? WTF.
Ayn Rand and Buckley are spinning in their graves so fast right now as to screw with the earth's rotation.

Frankly if they want to succeed in 2012 and beyond, the GOP should ditch the lame social conservative issues which just drag them down to the moronic level of the bible-banging, tongue-speaking, snake-handling, farm animal fucking jackasses who dwell in the more remote regions of our country, and stick with a purely fiscal conservative platform. In other words, become more like the libertarians.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Does anyone still listen to that fucking loon?

Apparently most of the left-leaning posters here. If it weren't for them and their posts about him, I wouldn't know what he was up to.

Air America never had a chance, all this Libs are tuned into Rush-Bo

Fern
It is ironic. It's as if some like to listen to fingernails being dragged across a blackboard.

What's more disturbing are those who refer to him with the familiar 'rush' instead of the more formal 'limbaugh'.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007

Rush:

If that is really the way they want it then the war is already over before it's begun. If Rush's wishes were the GOP platform and they stuck to it, no (R) would ever be elected president in this country again.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Butterbean, brencat and Duelon for three. What they don't realize is that the GOP that Rush describes is an unelectable GOP. The Republicans know they can't outlaw abortion because it would be political suicide. So they don't. And while folks like Butterbean suck down Rush's brand of American Talibanism, no one in their right mind would vote for a party like that.

Frankly if they want to succeed in 2012 and beyond, the GOP should ditch the lame social conservative issues which just drag them down to the moronic level of the bible-banging, tongue-speaking, snake-handling, farm animal fucking jackasses who dwell in the more remote regions of our country, and stick with a purely fiscal conservative platform. In other words, become more like the libertarians.
LOL. Never in my 800+ posts have I EVER said I agree with the Rush philosophy of Republicanism. Frankly, Rush is a fvcking idiot and painful to listen to on the rare occassions I find myself with a day off and time to listen to the radio.

I have advocated many many times in what you just stated: that the Repubs need to focus on economic issues and seriously de-emphasize the social sh*t. Trying to outlaw abortion is almost as impossible as the Democrats trying to outlaw handguns. Two (extreme) losing positions that cost elections, period.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: brencat

LOL. Never in my 800+ posts have I EVER said I agree with the Rush philosophy of Republicanism. Frankly, Rush is a fvcking idiot and painful to listen to on the rare occassions I find myself with a day off and time to listen to the radio.

I have advocated many many times in what you just stated: that the Repubs need to focus on economic issues and seriously de-emphasize the social sh*t. Trying to outlaw abortion is almost as impossible as the Democrats trying to outlaw handguns. Two (extreme) losing positions that cost elections, period.

Fair enough. Sorry for lumping you in.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: brencat

The easiest way for Democrats to counter ideologies they don't agree with is to lump ANYONE who disagrees with them in with far right extremists. It's easier to launch a coordinated attack if you only have one group to focus on.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: seemingly random
-snip-
One of the reasons why some of Bush's more liberal policies were stymied in an all republican congress was becasue of this battle.

Pardon me for jumping in....

I'm not sure if it was before the Dems took control, but the Bush/McCain amnesty bill for illegal immigrants got shot down by conservatives raising holy heck.

Fern

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: seemingly random
-snip-
One of the reasons why some of Bush's more liberal policies were stymied in an all republican congress was becasue of this battle.

Pardon me for jumping in....

I'm not sure if it was before the Dems took control, but the Bush/McCain amnesty bill for illegal immigrants got shot down by conservative raising holy heck.

Fern
What was the rational for shooting it down?

Is this the only one? The reason I ask is that I'm stunned by the phrase "some of Bush's more liberal policies". I didn't realize bush had any liberal policies.