One of the coolest pictures I've ever seen

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Wicked nice...where's that picture of all the galaxies that was posted a while back though?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Sphexi
Wicked nice...where's that picture of all the galaxies that was posted a while back though?

Find 'The Universe' episode 9 where they go in-depth about alien galaxies. Tons of visuals.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Too bad that isn't what you'd really see with the naked eye - its a composite of information spanning the electromagnetic spectrum.

Originally posted by: Martin
Its incredible... to think god created all that in a mere 6000 years

lol

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Triumph
Too bad that isn't what you'd really see with the naked eye - its a composite of information spanning the electromagnetic spectrum.

Originally posted by: Martin
Its incredible... to think god created all that in a mere 6000 years

lol

You think that's too bad? I think that's a virtue! We are among the first people ever to see so much of the EM spectrum. Think about it - we are seeing things that no generation before could have seen, something so beautiful and elegant that was invisible to everyone before us. I think that's amazing.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Any way to provide a direct, right click and select "Save Target As" link to the image?

The copyright info breaks the link and makes it impossible to just save, only load. And this college computer can't handle displaying a 314MB image. Any help?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
Any way to provide a direct, right click and select "Save Target As" link to the image?

The copyright info breaks the link and makes it impossible to just save, only load. And this college computer can't handle displaying a 314MB image. Any help?
At least in Firefox, I was able to right-click on the Accept button and Save As. It's downloading the file right now. Maybe it uses a cookie to determine allowing access to the file?