Aug 28, 2005

HD

About 300 spartans who kill off like 500,000 persian warriors at a wedge

Repost
Sorry

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Yeah it's been posted here several times. It does look interesting though. Hope it's good!

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Just to be more historically accurate, they delayed the Persian army until a Greek army could be formed, they still lost the battle and all died, however the time they bought meant that the Greeks eventually won the war.

EDIT: lol, looks like they did a little "embelishing" of the facts, and the "facts" are likely embelished from reality since they were written by Greek historians. Still, if the battle scenes are well done I can suspend disbelief and still be impressed. IF they get to comical though you just lose all connection to the storyline.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
Here is a link that compares movie trailer screens with comic panels. here It looks like they're doing a faithful job visually. :thumbsup:

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Looks seriously cool.

I think one to get on HD :D

Koing

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
Wait a tick. For some reason this trailer is all in one color for me o_O Some scenes are in all blue, and others in yellow. I can kind of tell what's going on though. The original trailer that was posted here before that was on some foreign site worked for me. :confused: My comp must not like quicktime.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
hopefully it won't be another cr@p fest like troy. its all been cr@p since gladiator

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
hopefully it won't be another cr@p fest like troy. its all been cr@p since gladiator

Troy was poor...

Koing

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Just to be more historically accurate, they delayed the Persian army until a Greek army could be formed, they still lost the battle and all died, however the time they bought meant that the Greeks eventually won the war.

EDIT: lol, looks like they did a little "embelishing" of the facts, and the "facts" are likely embelished from reality since they were written by Greek historians. Still, if the battle scenes are well done I can suspend disbelief and still be impressed. IF they get to comical though you just lose all connection to the storyline.

History major/buff? At least someone corrected it...

EDIT: Costumes for the Greeks were so off...

JoeFahey

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2005
This is the stroy that got me into History at a very young age.

I dressed up as a spartan when I was much younger. It was 100% authentic, and it took days to make.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Non-quickshit trailer?

HD Quicktime clips are $hit? I think not.

And if you're complaining about Quicktime software, use Quicktime Alternative

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Err, what?

The movie might be good but that trailer really looked weak... is this computer animated?

MrsBugi

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2005
My friend sent me the following e-mail in an update about what he's been up to these days:

"I was shooting a movie called '300'. It's a fantastical telling of the ancient (true) battle of the Spartans and the Persians. Our version is less History Channel and more History on Crack and Steroids. If you're interested/bored you could check out

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/index.html "

He included this picture of him posing with a pile of "dead bodies" from the set.

I was a little disappointed to learn that it's a remake of a Frank Miller (Sin City) graphic novel and not a movie version of the book "Gates of Fire," but regardless, I will be going to see it with my husband.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Xylitol

HD

About 300 spartans who kill off like 500,000 persian warriors at a wedge

Repost
Sorry

One of the most famous battles of all time, and I would love a great movie about it. However, the statistics you quote of "About 300 spartans who kill off like 500,000 persian warriors at a wedge" is pretty inaccurate, historically speaking.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
holy hell. i just watched that trailer like 10 times ina row. BEST trailer Ive seen so far

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: MrsBugi
My friend sent me the following e-mail in an update about what he's been up to these days:

"I was shooting a movie called '300'. It's a fantastical telling of the ancient (true) battle of the Spartans and the Persians. Our version is less History Channel and more History on Crack and Steroids. If you're interested/bored you could check out

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/index.html "

He included this picture of him posing with a pile of "dead bodies" from the set.

I was a little disappointed to learn that it's a remake of a Frank Miller (Sin City) graphic novel and not a movie version of the book "Gates of Fire," but regardless, I will be going to see it with my husband.

Same here. I have a feeling this will be a pretty big let down after that book.