One day, I may be killed by a panhandler.... *RANT*

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I get tired of these guys always hitting me up for money because they're car ran out of gas....or their serpentine belt broke. Of course, they totally give themselves away on their B.S. story, so I give them a RANT instead of cash... I always do it out loud and make myself VERY vocal. ESPECIALLY if there are people around...and ESPECIALLY if I'm drunk. :D

Tonight, the story was that the guy was from California and he ran out of Gas on the Interstate. First off, the interstate he decided to take from California was about 30 blocks from where he was asking for money....not a gas station around!!! I told him to go about 20 blocks away and bother people there. He gave me a blank look. So I said, follow me and I'll show you where the bus stop is. (right across the street) The guy said, "It's not worth it." and walked off.

I really get sick of these guys...they're always elderly african american gentlemen. The reason I say gentlemen is because they're asking for something so they always ask REAL nice. But I live here, so it's always the same 5 guys that hit me up for money....with the same B.S. story. I really wish the cops would either throw them in jail, give them enough money to keep them from begging, or kill them.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Be careful,people might mistake you for Jerboy...

Yeah, just don't start wigging out about lightbulbs and free lunches and you're safe.. ;)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I get tired of these guys always hitting me up for money because they're car ran out of gas....or their serpentine belt broke. Of course, they totally give themselves away on their B.S. story, so I give them a RANT instead of cash... I always do it out loud and make myself VERY vocal. ESPECIALLY if there are people around...and ESPECIALLY if I'm drunk. :D

Tonight, the story was that the guy was from California and he ran out of Gas on the Interstate. First off, the interstate he decided to take from California was about 30 blocks from where he was asking for money....not a gas station around!!! I told him to go about 20 blocks away and bother people there. He gave me a blank look. So I said, follow me and I'll show you where the bus stop is. (right across the street) The guy said, "It's not worth it." and walked off.

I really get sick of these guys...they're always elderly african american gentlemen. The reason I say gentlemen is because they're asking for something so they always ask REAL nice. But I live here, so it's always the same 5 guys that hit me up for money....with the same B.S. story. I really wish the cops would either throw them in jail, give them enough money to keep them from begging, or kill them.

Throw them in jail? Why? Because they bother you? Tough. Get over it.

Give them enough money to keep them from begging? Fine with me. How much are you willing to have your taxes go up to support the bums?

Kill them? If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you just gun down the next bum that hits you up for a quarter?

Your rant means nothing unless you are willing to back up your wishes with some action or some cash.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Be careful,people might mistake you for Jerboy...

Yeah, just don't start wigging out about lightbulbs and free lunches and you're safe.. ;)

Man, I touched a Halogen lightbulb with my fingers, and it burnt out! Oh, but I did not touch it, the white burned oil in a fingertip shape just happened by magic. And why do these damn people get free lunches, and then get to go in front of me in line! Why are not all homeless given jobs? Don't add this to my stupic scroll.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
To be honest, I bet you some of these guys make a lot more money than we do daily. I'm pretty sure these guys can make up to $100.00 a day if not even more than that.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi

Throw them in jail? Why? Because they bother you? Tough. Get over it.

Give them enough money to keep them from begging? Fine with me. How much are you willing to have your taxes go up to support the bums?

Kill them? If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you just gun down the next bum that hits you up for a quarter?

Your rant means nothing unless you are willing to back up your wishes with some action or some cash.
Happypuppy,
Please accept my apologies, but you are not drunk enough to answer my thread effectively. While your response is totally correct and balanced and it makes sense and it's "the way it is".....You're STILL not drunk. Therefore, you won't take the notion to be pointless and get riled up over people who lie to others on the street for their own personal gain... People who take advantage of others need to die.... ;) That's the way I feel about it.....right now. ;)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
To be honest, I bet you some of these guys make a lot more money than we do daily. I'm pretty sure these guys can make up to $100.00 a day if not even more than that.

People have done studies and have found that a hard working bum can make as much as $500/day.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.