One comment about this whole thing, should be enough to convince all.

Locutus of Board

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 1999
Gore didn't win his home state. Do you think they know something we don't?

Remember the Reagan/Mondale landslide? Mondale at least accomplished his home state.

'Nuff said.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It didn't surprise me all that much, considering the way the state has voted in the last 5 years (lived there for four). They have a Republican governor, two Republican senators, and a majority of Republican representatives.

It's still funny though. :D

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Gore didn't win his home state. Do you think they know something we don't? >>

Yes, we do. I'll quote from a post I made earlier...

<< I'm Libertarian, but I voted for Bush. It was pretty painful to pull out of Brown's camp at first, but I didn't see any other choice. Being from TN, I know what Gore is like and am proud of the fact I was part of the resistance to keep him from getting his home state. You have no idea what kind of a chameleon and lapdog this jerk is... He was constantly selling our best interests out from under our noses just to gain more and more political clout. Even to this day he's the reason why we have 2 Republican senators (Frist and Thompson).

Anyway, I spent all day and most of the night Sat, Sun, and Mon on the phone calling friends and family in TN talking them into voting for Bush (and convinced them to call their friends and family), I feel I was very successful.
>>

`Nuf said.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Do you think they know something we don't? >>

Most of our less politically educated folk here probably figured he was lying again, and wasn't really from here at all. ;)

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
well, to be honest he really isn't from TN. He's lived almost his entire life in DC. :p

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Right off of Middlebrook near Western Ave.

Working over here off of Broadway.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Who the hell cares if Gore didn't win his home state or not. Not EVERYONE votes for a certain candidate just because they're from their state but disagree on his philosophy. Either way, this election will tell us one thing ... and that is that when either one of them wins, nearly half of the voting population will have voted against him.

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
To be fair, he may have been born in Tennessee, but he spent the majority of his life (and almost all of his adult life) in Washington DC, which he won easily.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, of course he won D.C. -- they'll re-elect a CONVICTED DRUGGIE for mayor. Yep, that's the kind of endorsement we want for the Presidency!!!

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
C'mon AndrewR... that's very unfair to insult Marion Barry like that. :D

Good deal Bryan, I drive by there several times a week.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thorn,

Hehehe... well, that's two for a LAN party. Hey, ya gotta start somewhere. :)

Steve Guilliot

Dec 8, 1999
I'm not suprised at all that Gore lost TN (and the rest of the South). Tennessee is a very conservative state, especially after the Clinton debacle. Even if Gore hadn't performed the Hoof-in-Mouth maneuver, he still would have lost merely from the Clinton backlash.