Once again this election will prove racism is a white Republican problem. 2008, 2012 and now 2020

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
American conservatives who identify as republican have only reinforced their existing issues with race unfortunately. Look at their politics, look at their choice in elected follower, look at their churches, or their love of felons and Russians. You can't make progress and transition your ignorant ass into the 21st century if you've given up on decency and any sense of shame. Quite the opposite actually, as we've seen far too many times.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and FaaR
Nov 8, 2012
Lol the amount of brain cells you have to lack to say something as asinine as racism being a "Republican problem" is just roll on the floor laugh-worthy.

As if all the Democrats of racist Jim-crow era times MAGICALLY all shape-shifted Republican - including any and all democrats of the northern states.

Meanwhile, the most segregated states are northern states. The biggest shithole cities are in northern Democrat states (Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc.). The most segregated city is New York. Do I need to go on or are you finally learning something since elementary school?

But hey - keep on living in blissful ignorance - I'm sure it will fix itself one day if it weren't for those DARN Republicans doing absolutely nothing to your shithole cities.

You want to make fun of Republicans talking about the boogeyman government taking away their guns? They're equally laughing at you for continuing to insinuate there is some boogeyman Republican doing anything to your shithole urban cities.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lol the amount of brain cells you have to lack to say something as asinine as racism being a "Republican problem" is just roll on the floor laugh-worthy.

As if all the Democrats of racist Jim-crow era times MAGICALLY all shape-shifted Republican - including any and all democrats of the northern states.

Meanwhile, the most segregated states are northern states. The biggest shithole cities are in northern Democrat states (Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc.). The most segregated city is New York. Do I need to go on or are you finally learning something since elementary school?

But hey - keep on living in blissful ignorance - I'm sure it will fix itself one day if it weren't for those DARN Republicans doing absolutely nothing to your shithole cities.

You want to make fun of Republicans talking about the boogeyman government taking away their guns? They're equally laughing at you for continuing to insinuate there is some boogeyman Republican doing anything to your shithole urban cities.
I'll let you answer the question, which elected black Democrats denigrated McCain, Romney or Trump solely on the basis of being white? BTW - Calling Trump racist isn't in itself racist it's an accusation which most think is true.

Assuming the Jim Crow era lasted through the Civil Rights Act not many of those of those Democrats are alive today. And we all know where the racist Dixiecrats went in the early 60s so you'll have to try harder.

If this thread goes something like the one I started for Obama the final score will be something like

Harris - 20
Trump - 0

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

I want a link, recent like in last year or so, with NYC as the most segregated city. Otherwise, you’re just lying again...as usual for you.

Last list like that I saw didn’t have NYC in the top 25 most segregated cities...and most were in the south. List was in July 20, 2019 issue of USA Today. I’ll link when get around computer and not on phone

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I want a link, recent like in last year or so, with NYC as the most segregated city. Otherwise, you’re just lying again...as usual for you.

Last list like that I saw didn’t have NYC in the top 25 most segregated cities...and most were in the south. List was in July 20, 2019 issue of USA Today. I’ll link when get around computer and not on phone.

I'm not sure if they were referring to housing, but anyone who has ever been to NYC knows it is one of the most socially integrated cities in the nation.

Nov 8, 2012

Last list like that I saw didn’t have NYC in the top 25 most segregated cities...and most were in the south. List was in July 20, 2019 issue of USA Today. I’ll link when get around computer and not on phone

Segregation depends on your measurement, but the one I was referring to was based on schools - taken from NYT itself (and plenty of other publications have talked about this):

EDIT: Also gotta fucking love the irony of you posting a link that mentions 2 of the norther cities I mentioned as being the biggest shitholes being some of the most segregated. Thanks for proving my point.

Last edited:

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Segregation depends on your measurement, but the one I was referring to was based on schools - taken from NYT itself (and plenty of other publications have talked about this):

The most segregated time in America is on Sunday morning. So should we get rid of churches?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Only one mainstream U.S. political party has embraced overt and shameless racism, and you know which one that is. Jim Crow era politicians are either dead or retired since many years now most of them, so not really relevant.

And if you claim the most shitholey cities are northern dem cities, well, the most shitholey states are southern states, by a long shot. And you know which ones those are btw! And they're not even embarrassed about it, they wear their shitholeness proudly like a fucking badge of honor and start buzzing around like angry hornets whenever anyone try to make them act a little bit less shithole-like, like getting them to get rid of names and statues of traitors from their cities for example.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Irony.

Despite the state of your poor, poor feels, I don't believe anyone is submitting that only republicans are racist. Only one party making it a platform, and only one led by a proud bigot with no clue as to what is in the Constitution. Kinda like how you only see one party trying to tamper with elections. I think your denial is asinine, and your love of straw is tiresome.

If you're someone who refuses to acknowledge these basic facts about the GOP, you are in no position to judge the observations of anyone else. You forfeit that when you put on the orange tinted lenses. You're Bill Cosby trying to look down your nose at others over family values. Just doesn't work.

You ever going to give up the talk radio/Fox/whatever you take in? You have to be tired of being laughed at by now. No?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006

Someone doesn't know history but likes to spout off as if he does. That is cute. You may want to look up the Southern Strategy and do some light reading to educate yourself. Don't you get tired looking the fool?

I'll help you out, but their is a lot more you can learn if you dig deeper.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Someone doesn't know history but likes to spout off as if he does. That is cute. You may want to look up the Southern Strategy and do some light reading to educate yourself. Don't you get tired looking the fool?

I'll help you out, but their is a lot more you can learn if you dig deeper.
It's not really worth trying to use facts and figures with people who will continue to believe what they've been trained to believe.

The easiest way to explain it, in my opinion:

Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and built their society and economy on slavery.
Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and seceded from the US, committing treason against the US.
Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and enacted Jim Crow and supported Segregation after the Civil War.
Southern Conservatives balked when Democratic President Truman desegregated the US Army in 1948.
Southern Conservative and Democrat Strom Thurmond ran against Truman as a Dixiecrat and won EC votes in 1948 because of Desegregation.
Southern Conservatives began to formally leave the Democratic Party starting in 1964 because of Democratic Party support of Civil Rights Legislation.
Southern Conservative elected politicians almost completely switched to the Republican Party WHILE IN OFFICE by the early 1990s.

But yes, the Democratic Party of 160 years ago were Confederates. So, Democrats are the real racists or whatever.

Suck on that libtards!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Neither is a choice for the children.

I'd say private schools are indeed a choice for parents. It's one of the few areas conservatives consider themselves pro-choice.

Probably a waste of time trying to explain this kind of stuff to a hopeless partisan who posts like he was tutored by Betsy DeVos.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'd say private schools are indeed a choice for parents. It's one of the few areas conservatives consider themselves pro-choice.

Probably a waste of time trying to explain this kind of stuff to a hopeless partisan who posts like he was tutored by Betsy DeVos.

Yea, but still not necessarily a choice for the students. Indoctrination is totes cool unless someone else is doing it, amirite?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yea, but still not necessarily a choice for the students. Indoctrination is totes cool unless someone else is doing it, amirite?

Pretty much. It's why the holy rollers in Team Treason demand that taxpayers finance their places of worship and their kids going to private and/or religious schools, but lose their minds if someone like Michelle Obama starts a national campaign to promote healthy diets for children.

Poor snowflakes. They are always the victims, no matter what.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Obviously there are racists who happen to be Democrats. And wealthy white people often do try to send their children to schools with few black students. That hypocrisy by wealthy white liberals is a source of some personal resentment for me. I've never been much of a fan of rich liberals. They often are hypocrites. Though in my experience that's very mixed up with class and the racial segregation is mostly a by-product.

But in what world does it require MAGIC for people to change their voting habits? Is it against the normal laws of physics to do that? And the fact is the Republican party is the one that has repeatedly used racism to appeal to voters.

(Also, what are "urban cities"? Are there "rural cities"?)

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It's not really worth trying to use facts and figures with people who will continue to believe what they've been trained to believe.

The easiest way to explain it, in my opinion:

Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and built their society and economy on slavery.
Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and seceded from the US, committing treason against the US.
Southern Conservatives controlled the Democratic Party and enacted Jim Crow and supported Segregation after the Civil War.
Southern Conservatives balked when Democratic President Truman desegregated the US Army in 1948.
Southern Conservative and Democrat Strom Thurmond ran against Truman as a Dixiecrat and won EC votes in 1948 because of Desegregation.
Southern Conservatives began to formally leave the Democratic Party starting in 1964 because of Democratic Party support of Civil Rights Legislation.
Southern Conservative elected politicians almost completely switched to the Republican Party WHILE IN OFFICE by the early 1990s.

But yes, the Democratic Party of 160 years ago were Confederates. So, Democrats are the real racists or whatever.

Suck on that libtards!

Yeah but remember the parties (Dem and GOP) swapped stances awhile ago!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I became concerned many years ago when I switched to independent.

I'm registered independent, but I don't have much left in common with R's, don't agree on social issues, and don't agree with tax cuts, and they're certainly not fiscally conservative.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I'm registered independent, but I don't have much left in common with R's, don't agree on social issues, and don't agree with tax cuts, and they're certainly not fiscally conservative.

Well, there are still a few things that are part of the R platform, and the D platform I support. Certainly not all on either side.

And youre right. The R's havent been fiscally conservative for decades. I wish they would though as thats my belief. Our government doesnt have an income problem, it has a spending one.

And I say all this fully knowing Im going to get blasted on each point so bring it on. Not that *my* personal beliefs really matter to anyone here.