On to 2018

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Agreed. It's going to be hell until 2020 maybe 2024.

The part that scares me though is of the 50 states.. they all have 2 chambers of state congresses. Republicans own 70 of them. And quite a few governorships too.. over 30 I believe.

We know the GOP is busy with.. I got budget issues man.. I need to close voting booths, early voting etc, schools, planned parenthood, blah blah blah.

This is sort of the democrats own doing though. While Obama was clean.. the democrats had corruption and eventually the people tired of it.. prime example Detroit.

So until the people truly get fed up.. its a GOP house for a long time since they can gerrymander it all they want.

But maybe some good will come out of it. If they overplay their hand.. it won't be long till the shoe is on the other foot.

J30_Uwe

Sep 3, 2013
Not likely. On top of that two of the Supreme Court Justices are 80 or older and another is 78 years old. Its very concievable Trump could appoint three justices.

Reactions: Kazukian

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
This is why I voted Trump. The only reason.

And you guaranteed yourself for years to come - justices that will cater only to billionaires and not the people. Enjoy your suffering.

Shoulda voted Bernie.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And you guaranteed yourself for years to come - justices that will cater only to billionaires and not the people. Enjoy your suffering.

Shoulda voted Bernie.

Better than the liberal judges that are willing to surrender our rights and make laws on the fly.

Reactions: shady28

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Kennedy and Ginsberg will not retire in 4 years. Sadly I cannot say for certain that they will still be on the planet.

What exact rights are they surrendering? And to whom?

Be specific.
Doubtful that he can cite any.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What exact rights are they surrendering? And to whom?

Be specific.

It is my opinion of how a liberal judge majority would rule like his opinion on a conservative majority would rule cases.

In case you missed his post:

Shoulda voted Bernie.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
A vote for trump was a vote for the billionaire's and cooperation's judge puppets.... i'd say that's very..... liberal

Then again... it would also be conservative... conserving the rights and money to the super rich :confused:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It is my opinion of how a liberal judge majority would rule like his opinion on a conservative majority would rule cases.

In case you missed his post:

you realize his post was about a situation under a Trump leadership don't you?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
you realize his post was about a situation under a Trump leadership don't you?

Of course.

His opinion was of a conservative SCOTUS. ( as in judges appointed by Trump ).

My post was concerning my view of what a liberal SCOTUS would be like. ( as in judges appointed by Hillary ).

Of course both are just opinion and speculation as neither of us has a crystal ball.

Are you really that slow?

Reactions: Zstream

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
2018 is going to be a complete bloodbath. I would be shocked if the democrats lose less than 5-6 seats. Would not be surprised to see them loose 10.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Kennedy and Ginsberg will not retire in 4 years. Sadly I cannot say for certain that they will still be on the planet.

Doubtful that he can cite any.

It's really only about 3 years. Remember the new norm is that vacancies that occur while the election is on are filled by the next president.

Hell a portion of the senate believes that the SCOTUS doesn't even need 9 members. Hmm....

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Better than the liberal judges that are willing to surrender our rights and make laws on the fly.

What laws did they make up on the fly?

Abortion? Since when did the government's control extend to inside your body or inside a woman's?

Same Sex Marriage? Since when does it say under the US constitution that all men are NOT equal or are NOT granted equal protection under the law?

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Ditch the anti gun stance or you're doomed. As a libertarian/independent I will never support anyone who is anti gun. I don't care if it's only "some restrictions". If it's going to prevent me from purchasing a certain type of gun or make it impossible for me to be seen in public with a certain type of gun without risking armored thugs with machine guns kicking down my door at 2 AM, it doesn't matter how reasonable they are with the rest of their views, they are out.

Silencers (and possibly SBRs?) are already slated to be removed from NFA under Trump. With any luck we can get the 1986 Hughes Amendment repealed and open up the machine gun registry again to civilians too.

Then a 6-3 SCOTUS to affirm it to seal the deal for the next 50 years and rule that machine guns and semi automatics are "arms" and protected by the second amendment as an individual right.

The hypocrisy of the left to demand rights and equality while taking existing rights. Pftt.

Had we had Clinton they would be licking their lips over a permanent "assault weapon" ban. /spit

And with the way some Trump supporters are acting, maybe those who seek to ban weapons should acquire their own and change their tune about gun rights and self defense.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Ditch the anti gun stance or you're doomed. As a libertarian/independent I will never support anyone who is anti gun. I don't care if it's only "some restrictions". If it's going to prevent me from purchasing a certain type of gun or make it impossible for me to be seen in public with a certain type of gun without risking armored thugs with machine guns kicking down my door at 2 AM, it doesn't matter how reasonable they are with the rest of their views, they are out.

Silencers (and possibly SBRs?) are already slated to be removed from NFA under Trump. With any luck we can get the 1986 Hughes Amendment repealed and open up the machine gun registry again to civilians too.

Then a 6-3 SCOTUS to affirm it to seal the deal for the next 50 years and rule that machine guns and semi automatics are "arms" and protected by the second amendment as an individual right.

The hypocrisy of the left to demand rights and equality while taking existing rights. Pftt.

Had we had Clinton they would be licking their lips over a permanent "assault weapon" ban. /spit

And with the way some Trump supporters are acting, maybe those who seek to ban weapons should acquire their own and change their tune about gun rights and self defense.

Agreed. Hopefully Trump can stack the Supreme Court with the right justices, and we can get some cases overturned that will set gun control advocates back 100 years. Looking forward to Bloomberg and the Brady campaign choking on it.