On the path to a sociopath?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: eLiu
Originally posted by: hypn0tik
This one time I found a skunk in my back yard. So I gave it some sleeping pills and it fell into my pool...

Am I a sociopath?

LOL BEST REPLY! 10/10

edit: you ARE referencing that one famous thread right? Where ATOT intervened and pwned the OP? lol

Yes, of course.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
This one time I found a skunk in my back yard. So I gave it some sleeping pills and it fell into my pool...

Am I a sociopath?

LOL BEST REPLY! 10/10

edit: you ARE referencing that one famous thread right? Where ATOT intervened and pwned the OP? lol

Yes, of course.

ahhhh good ol TPAD

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Originally posted by: Devine

Am I a sociopath?

LOL BEST REPLY! 10/10

Yes, of course.

ahhhh good ol TPAD

link?

Flyback

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2006
Ever tuck your junk back between your legs and prance around to 80s synth pop music?

Buffalo Bill, is that you?

Lazy8s

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: NTB
Originally posted by: invidia
I caught a cockroach in my room a couple hours ago. I was playing some classical music, mainly Beethoven's Piano Sonata 14 'Moonlight' because it was on my radio station that time. I viciously dissected the bug alive with a small surgery kit I bought some years ago. I guess I was bored from trying to study.

I don't do this often but when I find bugs or anything that I consider a pest in my room, I try my best to catch it alive and cut it open with a razor blade. Is there something wrong with me?

If you're a biology major or something, I guess you're safe. If not, you may be SOL :p

Nathan

I don't know many bio/zoology majors that dissect animals alive....do you?...

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: GenHoth

Am I a sociopath?

LOL BEST REPLY! 10/10

Yes, of course.

ahhhh good ol TPAD

link?

The original thread was deleted but this is the OPs good bye thread. Most details can be found there.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Vivisection is disturbing, even if it's just an insect. /shrug

Originally posted by: krunchykrome
The only thing I do that's similar is when I catch bugs, I throw them in the toilet, and proceed to pee on them. I dont do this often, but it happens.
Me too. :evil:

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
I wouldn't sweat it. Everybody does weird things.

BTW, the government is coming to get you.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Triumph
Did you wet the bed when you were a child?

A criminal prosecutor friend told me that bed wetting and animal abuse are sure signs of an emerging sociopath. There was a third sign, but I can't remember what it was.

pyromania.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: invidia
I caught a cockroach in my room a couple hours ago. I was playing some classical music, mainly Beethoven's Piano Sonata 14 'Moonlight' because it was on my radio station that time. I viciously dissected the bug alive with a small surgery kit I bought some years ago. I guess I was bored from trying to study.

I don't do this often but when I find bugs or anything that I consider a pest in my room, I try my best to catch it alive and cut it open with a razor blade. Is there something wrong with me?

I cant give a good reply until you explain what 'or anything' means to you.....

kids, animals, people can at times be considered pests to some people after all

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Nah,
I was watching this video in bio class the other day. This guy was arguing how important biodiversity is. Then it gives a short bio about him. He's basically the kind of guy who lives in the friggen jungle collecting beetles all his life. It's funny watching his enthusiasm light up in excitement when he finds a new beetle.
Yeah, no wonder he cares about biodiversity so much :p.

Lurknomore

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2005
Torturing insects- no one gives a f*ck.
Torturing mammals that have soulful eyes, warm furry bodies, and like to snuggle- bye-bye NFL career. (yeah, I know it was some pitbulls, but hey, they can be snuggly too)

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: GenHoth

Am I a sociopath?

LOL BEST REPLY! 10/10

Yes, of course.

ahhhh good ol TPAD

link?

The original thread was deleted but this is the OPs good bye thread. Most details can be found there.

Urban Dictionary ftw :) Take Pills And Drown, pretty much some guy trapped a skunk, then before he released it he OD'ed it with sleeping pills. He released the skunk next to a pool and the skunk fell into the pool and drowned. the guy posted all of this on ATOT. Somebody reported him to the cops and he got in some kind of trouble.

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001

A criminal prosecutor friend told me that bed wetting and animal abuse are sure signs of an emerging sociopath. There was a third sign, but I can't remember what it was.

Starting fires is the third one. A general fascination with destroying things.

<--- psychology major

Oct 4, 2004

The idiocy is strong in that thread. What kind of lifeless loser would call the cops on some poor guy? It's not like he was selling meth to little kids or some shit like that.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002

Memory loss.