On Jan 1, 2011 How Will America React?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
In the Obama Nation, the tax rate cut on the top bracket will expire immediately. So, on Jan 01, 2011 when the tax rates on the other brackets go up, the tax rate on the rich will stay the same? :confused: I think Obama is smart enough to know what the Obama Nationites will demand...

To the people in the top bracket,,,Hold onto your shirts...

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
The sky will fall baby!! w00t Chicken Little GOP here we come!

Why are you posting as if Obama has won already?

mav451

Jan 31, 2006
Hmm Chicken Little is a bit redundant. The fundamental principles AND cornerstone of GOP rhetoric is FUD. Without it, they don't pass the GOP exam.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSlamma

Don't you watch MSN????

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: mav451
Hmm Chicken Little is a bit redundant. The fundamental principles AND cornerstone of GOP rhetoric is FUD. Without it, they don't pass the GOP exam.

The fundamental principles AND cornerstone of Dem's rhetoric is unfullfilled promises and deception. Without it, they don't pass any exam.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Depends on who wins. Too many variables.

My guess is that we will have had about 43+ experiences on the subject, so we will pretty much know the drill by then.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Ozoned

Don't you watch MSN????
Don't you watch FoxNews????

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000

The fundamental principles AND cornerstone of Dem's rhetoric is unfullfilled promises and deception. Without it, they don't pass any exam.

Like promises that the United States won't get involved in nation-building?

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Well, all rich people will 'die' in 2010 so they can pass on their estates tax free. Obama will be wondering where his tax revenue went.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: techs

Don't you watch MSN????
Don't you watch FoxNews????

Have either of you quit beating your Wife yet?

confused about the point of thread :confused:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

I think Obama is smart enough to know what the Obama Nationites will demand...

I think you're speculating without a shred of evidence to support your scare blather. :thumbsdown:

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
The other tax brackets will not go up. Obama has said that my taxes WILL NOT GO UP. Period.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Your taxes went up a long time ago. $10 trillion and counting. Any politician talking about cutting taxes right now is pulling a "read my lips." Get a clue.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Since I already awarded the prize you get runner up for irony of the week award.

What's next, accusing rats of eating too many snakes?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey

I think Obama is smart enough to know what the Obama Nationites will demand...

I think you're speculating without a shred of evidence to support your scare blather. :thumbsdown:

Well Duh,,, of couse it was speculation. That is why I framed it as a question. Do you think that the tax rates on the rich will stay the same on Jan.01 2011, when the tax cuts on the rest of the brackets expire. Do you think that will be pallitable with, say, the group with the largest number of people, the lowest tax bracket?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: XZeroII
The other tax brackets will not go up. Obama has said that my taxes WILL NOT GO UP. Period.

Allowing a temporary tax cut to expire is not a tax increase. Do your research.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

If the tax cuts expire, taxes will increase. How is that not a tax increase?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
In the Obama Nation, the tax rate cut on the top bracket will expire immediately. So, on Jan 01, 2011 when the tax rates on the other brackets go up, the tax rate on the rich will stay the same? :confused: I think Obama is smart enough to know what the Obama Nationites will demand...

To the people in the top bracket,,,Hold onto your shirts...

Awesome, spread the taxes baby :thumbsup:

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
Remember what ol Joe Bided said, that is it Patriotic to Pay more taxes..............so shut up and pay more.........................................and be happy...............................................

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Do your research? XZeroII's taxes almost certainly WON'T go up. GOP propaganda aside, the vast majority of people are not in the top tax bracket and will see a tax cut from Obama. In fact, the majority of people will actually see a LARGER tax cut from President Obama than they would from President McCain.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Rustler
Remember what ol Joe Bided said, that is it Patriotic to Pay more taxes..............so shut up and pay more.........................................and be happy...............................................

That's a bullshit argument, you're not going to pay more taxes under Obama than under McCain, and neither am I...and neither are the vast majority of people whining about it. Chances are good that you're going to pay LESS taxes with Obama in the White House, as am I.

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
Remember that all the taxes that go up.............and Obama is talking about taxing the oil companies for windfall profit tax then that will be passed on as higher prices at the pump...............but the government does nothing and gets a huge amount of money in gas taxes................government does no exploration for oil, transport the crude to refineries or transport the refined oil to the market.......................you never hear of them wanting to cut those taxes................................there are a lot of people that want to penalize business for making money that is a big reason that a good amount of our industries have moved offshore is government regulation..................pretty soon government is gonna regulate everthing.............including your individual lives.

SecPro

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: JD50

If the tax cuts expire, taxes will increase. How is that not a tax increase?

You obviously don't have your Demotardic double talk handbook. Pay attention (but not too close)

If spending doesn't increase, but stays the same, that's a spending decrease and gazillions of children will see a cut in their benefits.

If a tax rate with an expiration date is allowed to expire and the tax rate goes up that's not a tax increase. That's simply allowing taxes to return to the correct level, increasing revenues for the .gov and increasing the efficiency of wealth redistribution.

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
I never said that I would pay less under either party....................................................................

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Do your research? XZeroII's taxes almost certainly WON'T go up. GOP propaganda aside, the vast majority of people are not in the top tax bracket and will see a tax cut from Obama. In fact, the majority of people will actually see a LARGER tax cut from President Obama than they would from President McCain.

Almost certainly? According to Obama it WILL NOT. I believe that he said not even a single dime. If my taxes go up at all, even if a tax cut expires, that is a tax increase. You can hide behind technicalities, but that's what it is.